PS4 Version crashing often?

I’m experiencing hella crashes on the first campaign mission on the ps4 version, had no problems in multiplayer whatsoever but campaign I can’t see to progress the plane part to catch up to qasim

any thing I can do lower graphics or whatever?

4 hours ago, Beatminaz said:

I had the same issues on the ps5 version. Everything worked except some specific instances in campaign and zombies. I saw someone say try turning HDR off and it stopped crashing for me.

That worked thank you

• 5 months later...

The game is running like crap on my PS4 Pro in 2024.

The campaign had a few issues. In one of the early missions, you can't tag enemies if you reload from checkpoint (you could tag them before reloading). The game "semi crashed" on me about five times, where I got an error message on the blue PS4 screen but the application never closed and I could resume playing after about 15 seconds. I had two full crashes to the home screen. And no matter what mode I play, the console is more sluggish than any game I've ever played on it when you check your trophies in-game or do anything outside the game like write a message to a friend.

Dead Ops Arcade is completely broken for me. I start a match and get an error message, which I clear and then the game freezes up on me after it starts if I hit pause. 

I've only played Zombies on the Die Maschine map and it's been fine and quite enjoyable. Haven't touched the multiplayer. All in all, the performance of the game is pretty disappointing, especially coming off playing Assassin's Creed Unity and dealing with its broken co-op system. 

It seems that many of the issues I encountered were because of me not being logged into an Activision account. I never set one up while playing through the campaign and didn't realize the newer COD's were this online-reliant, even if you're playing some of the game modes like the campaign, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade solo. 

Dead Ops Arcade worked fine once I played logged into an account and playing Zombies mode was much better since you can earn challenge rewards and other goodies. I believe you have to be logged into Activision's account to get any Zombies-related trophies, too. I couldn't figure out why I was meeting the requirements for unlocking the Pack-A-Punch machine, staying in the yard for 15 rounds, and getting 100 kills from the plane wing and the trophies weren't popping until I created an account and redid them.

Even knowing about some of the shitty practices huge publishers like EA, Ubisoft, and Activision have, I'm still amazed that a significant part of a game with a massive budget like this one straight-up doesn't work unless you're logged into their account. Gotta love the live service game model. :huh:

Edited by drfk168