What are your favorites?

SoliDeoGloriaIHS

What are your favorites?  Favorite game ever?  Favorite video game series?  Favorite video game genre?  Etcetera etcetera.  There are no guidelines to follow here.  I'll list my favorites that come to mind below, but you don't necessarily have to list favorites in the same categories as I.  Just whatever comes to mind.

*I don't know if this type of thread exists already.  I did a search, but the search with the forums isn't the greatest.  If this or a very similar thread exists already, my apologies.  Anyway, here goes with my favorites.  I'm looking forward to see what everyone else's favorites are.  Thank you all.

Favorite video game ever: Final Fantasy XIII

Favorite video game genre: RPG/JRPG

Favorite western RPG: Skyrim

Favorite video game series: Uncharted

Favorite anime video game series: Naruto

Favorite anime-style video game that isn't Naruto: Asura's Wrath

Favorite FPS video game: Far Cry 3

Favorite FPS video game series: Borderlands

Favorite Rockstar game (obviously of the ones I've played): Max Payne 3 (RDR, 2nd; GTA V, 3rd)

Favorite "sleeper" (critically-acclaimed and has a cult following and sold well, but not a gigantic hit, has had no sequels and flies under the radar with most people) video game: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Favorite video game character: a tough call for me, but I'll give it to Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII.  For second place and on, Nathan Drake, Chloe Frazer, Max Payne, I suppose Naruto would count as well, Lara Croft, Jason Brody of Far Cry 3, John Marston, RDR.

Favorite video game villain: Vaas, Far Cry 3.

Favorite Vita game: Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Favorite PS3 game: FF XIII (obviously)

Favorite PS4 game: It's a tie between Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.  Bloodborne is right there in second.

Favorite console: I'll give it to PS4, but PS3 is right there and will always have a special place in my heart.

Favorite anime: Naruto (Although at something like 750 episodes total across both Shonen Jump and Shippuden eras, I highly doubt I will ever be able to finish it.  The four UNS games do a pretty good job of summarizing the main story arc from what I understand.)

Favorite online multiplayer: from back in the day, RDR.  I have so many great memories of playing that.  I made some good friendships at the time.  One person I'm still friends with and we stay in contact.  It was a boost fest for sure to earn the 100%, but I enjoyed every moment of it.  I found it incredible how immersive it was for an online multiplayer component.  Quite often, I think when it comes to online mp, it loses something with the immersion.  RDR's online never lost its immersion.  I felt as much in the old west online as I did playing the single player campaign.  Quite the achievement with that in my opinion.  GTA V Online is a close second.  Honorable mentions go to Black Ops 2 mp and Killzone: Shadow Fall mp.  I'm not a huge fan of mp, but all of the above were pretty enjoyable for what they were. 

Favorite Lego game: Pirates of the Caribbean (LotR and The Hobbit are both in second)

Favorite Soulsborne/Soulslike video game: Bloodborne

Okay.  That's more than enough out of me.  How about all of you?  Again, if this or a very similar thread already exists, my apologies once again.  Thank you and be well, all of you. 

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

I'm not familiar.  What is that from? 

It is from the youtuber SomeOrdinaryGamer. Some Guy asked the question why he can't land on a gas giant with his space ship lol. His response to it is just hilarious. Around the 3 minute mark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laxus-0 said:

It is from the youtuber SomeOrdinaryGamer. Some Guy asked the question why he can't land on a gas giant with his space ship lol. His response to it is just hilarious. Around the 3 minute mark.

Ah okay.  Thank you.  Will watch now. 

There were some genres on your list like rockstar games and western RPGs that I have never played, so I changed or removed the questions accordingly to what i play. 

Favorite video game ever: Final Fantasy X-2, I had 11 playthroughs on the PS2 version as a kid

Favorite video game genre: JRPG and Otome games

Favourite JRPG series: Tales series 

Favorite video game series: Tales series

Favorite anime video game: Persona 4 Golden   

Favorite anime-style video game: Tales Series, Ys and Persona all the same

Favorite FPS video game: I have only played Ghostwire Tokyo

Favorite "sleeper" video game: Maybe Pio Fiore no Bansho, it's an otome game so niche. 

Favorite video game character: I have a lot of otome game favourites so this is hard. From "normal" video games, my favourite male is Yuri from Tales of Vesperia,  female is Lightning from FF13 and Aqua from KH. From otome, it's Kei from Collar x Malice, Dante from Pio Fiore and Ikki from Amnesia. 

Favorite video game villain: Caius from FF13-2

Favorite Vita game: Pio Fiore no Bansho and Persona 4 Golden

Favorite PS3 game: Tales of Vesperia 

Favorite PS4 game: Persona 5 Royal 

Favorite console: PS4, I liked the way it had themes and avatars. If the PS5 ever brings these, then my favourite would be the PS5. 

Favorite anime: I don't watch anime anymore but I used to love Fruits Basket, Dragonball Z, Yugioh (up until 5Ds), Psycho Pass and Violet Evergarden

Favorite Lego game: Harry Potter

• Like 1

Favorite video game ever: Final Fantasy VIII

Favorite video game genre: RPG/JRPG

Favorite western RPG: Probably Mass Effect 2. Not entirely confident in the answer though.

Favorite video game series: Final Fantasy

Favorite anime video game series: Also Naruto if you mean based on actual anime. Tales of if you mean anime in terms of general art style.

Favorite anime-style video game that isn't Naruto: Tales of Berseria

Favorite FPS video game: Far Cry 4

Favorite FPS video game series: Far Cry

Favorite Rockstar game (obviously of the ones I've played): GTA V was alright. Not big on R*

Favorite "sleeper" (critically-acclaimed and has a cult following and sold well, but not a gigantic hit, has had no sequels and flies under the radar with most people) video game: Maybe Slay the Spire or Hollow Knight? I dont really follow how well games do so unsure here. HK is due for a sequel at some point though.

Favorite video game character: Squall from FF VIII fairly easily.

Favorite video game villain: Pagan Min from Far Cry 4 for entertainment, maybe Vayne from FF XII for support of overall goal. 

Favorite PS4 game: I go back and forth between Bloodborne and Dark Souls III. Not counting ports/remasters at any rate.

Favorite console: PS4 by a mile for me.

Favorite anime: Probably Death Note. Honorable mention to Code Geass.

Favorite online multiplayer: For actually playing with others For Honor, for multiplayer in the sense that other players are around Oldschool Runescape.

Favorite Lego game: I do not endorse Lego. 

Favorite Soulsborne/Soulslike video game: Back and forth between BB and DS III.

• Like 1