Separate Ways: Save Files & Autopop

SmileSlice

I’d like to confirm something before starting this DLC:

Are you supposed to save your Separate Ways file in a different slot, or should you keep everything on one single slot? I don’t want to lose all of my main game progress and unlockables, but I wasn’t sure if that was tied to the save files themselves, or just the master data?

I ask because I’m curious about autopop. I know that Separate Ways will autopop if going from PS4 to PS5. But I don’t know if it matters having your Separate Ways data overwritten on your main game file to do this, or if you can upload both of your main game and Separate Ways files independently and autopop one set of trophies, and then the other?

Essentially, I’m trying to figure out if the upload system works similar to Marvel’s Spider-Man, where you uploaded your main game and DLC files separately, or if you need to in fact have everything together on one single save slot?

I just autopopped separate ways today. I went to ps5 version, options, server, transfer save. Took a few minutes then save successful and all trophies popped. 

I did this originally in April for base game. So I am unsure if it does it separate for base and dlc. I believe the system will just transfer all saves from ps4 to ps5 and you won’t have a choice. 

• Like 1