my sloppy poor punctuation trophy guide and road map

melodicmizery

this is a quick loose guide i made to try to help with the trophies. some decisions can void trophies and you have to make different saves. i try to have a backup save at the beginning and before end of each characters journey just in case something screws up at the end of the game. i suggest reading over everything first. i tried to put a somewhat roadmap by chapters, but sometimes something you do in one chapter impacts another chapter. so in short if you screw up, dont blame me. the game is confusing as hell. some of these tips are based off xboxachievement guide comments. if i couldnt figure something out i tested what someone wrote and broke it down how it worked for me

tips
-save scum
- when in firefights dont kill helpers
- at night you can rob all the stores and get better weapons and sell them back for money. so no need to horde junk. for the gun place watch the pattern of the sheriff inside and you can steal the best guns. ammo is harder to get to i suggest ignoring it
- always buy lockpicks or steal them
- go into options and make time slow down while aiming. this helps some trophies and helps you not get killed and helps you not shoot friendlies
- recruit people for their inventory and give them good weapons
- there is no warning when ch2 ends, when you talk to the tree it ends. so wrap up whatever before that
- ch1 dont open the  box thats given to you by heathen, there is nothing in it anyways
- keep a silver knife for later in the game
- to get your money back recruit the last main character you had.
- make a save at the beginning and end of each chapter. and if you have to, do it on a usb stick for extra space. people can die for no reason at all. for example i had to reload the beginning of chapter 4 but when i went to recruit my indian from ch3 to get my stuff back he was dead for no reason. characters just seem to randomly die sometimes. i did put in about 2 weeks of slow gameplay before i encountered this bug but it can happen. people have reported essex dying for no reason at all either
- some of these trophies if missed can be achieved in ch4 or ch5, its just not noted in my guide. i wouldnt risk it and just go clean it up on a old save before progressing. 
- in ch5 essex can appear as a helper in some fights, make sure he dont die. i usually save on the start of every section i enter.

=============================================================================================

some of the more important trophies by chapter

chapter 1

out on ebb tide - take out shelby cross
at the end of chapter one before you enter the mine make a backup save. or you can do this when you free your husband and clear out the mine. anyones there is 3 levers inside the mine, when you do that it will open a wall and you fight shelby and get the trophy, although this voids "the great escape" so thats why we make a backup save

the great escape
i got this at the end of the mines in ch1 without hitting any  levers and without killing shelby cross

justice served 
i got this after completing chapter 1

elusive prey
if you dont kill shelby cross at the end of chapter one, he will be a bounty at the beginning of chapter 2

==============================================================================
chapter 2

*note in order to get hog wild later
-free souls at end of Ch2
- You cured Pigman Joe Rhyming Curse in Ch2 (i dont know how exactly to do this)

through their eyes - recruit previous journey hero
this is almost non missable, at the start of ch 2 go and recruit the lady you were playing with in chapter 1. youll also get your valuables back

workers right - kill maximo
this is with the second chapter, in a mansion youll be asked to sneak upstairs and knock maximo out, pick him up, toss him over a balcony. you have to sneak up there anyways as part of the story line to get some notes so make sure to accept the side mission prior

turn ruth into pig
at the end of "pigman journey mission" chapter 2 you can choose to turn ruth into a pig by heath

thats all folks
autopop at end of ch 2 when you talk to the tree

*at the end of ch 2 free all the souls, this will help you get "winter has come" later

==============================================================================

chapter 3

dirt and blame
make a save as soon as you start ch 3 as the indian. youll basiclaly have to do a entire bad decision run so run through all the stories and do that and turn into a wendigo, then reload your beginning save and continue the game doing good decisions in order to get the "getting the gang back together" trophy

decisions to become wendigo

- (badge of honor quest given in boulder creek), find badge on body in help building. sell it to a merchant instead of returning it

- at galens crossing talk to the people(kathleen baker villager) in front and agree to help them
after you get their land titles. (titles are upstairs in a safe)(while your there grab the rifle on the wall in the bedroom and sell it after you leave area, you can backup save and return the rile for the trophy but you can do that on your good run instead anyways)
 go back to front gate, tell person bank will give you $500, tell them again for the money theyll turn hostile murder them all

- i sold the rifle found at Mayor Week's hacienda just in case
( fort glenn, northeast under stackwood writing on map)

- also i chose stay "seperate" instead of allies at the very ending just in case

(below i did all the ch3 trophies in my bad run just to get them out of the way. i dont think you have to do any but im saying its possible)

hog wild - beat pigman at poker

ch3 (and fwd)- this can be glitchy and a mindfuck to figure out
go to grackle in the beginning of ch3, dont recruit joe so he appears as a poker player in the saloon .i think you have to cure his rhyming problem in ch2. which i dont know how i did it. play poker with him and get the trophy. sometimes he wont appear and you have to travel back and forth or make a bedroll and advance a day. if all that still dont work you might not be able to get the trophy

monster hunter

ch3 make sure you release the pigmen's souls from the tree. these are special journeys on the bounty board. go to grackle (or any town but grackle worked for me) look at bounty board and ruth should be there. accept and murder her. 

fallen star - boulder creek

ch3 in boulder creek talk to cleric for a sid emission in Boulder Creek Mine. in the help building loot a body of the star and trophy will pop

healing old wounds - return glens rifle

ch3 during the story, - at galens crossing  the same map you talk to the villagers about the title go to the second floor grab the rifle on the wall in the bedroom. go to fort glenns camp northeast, return it maryann. 

who you gonna call - ghost quest

this may be a bit hard to find a ghost there can be random spots. towards the end of ch3 in the main story after giving the bark youll be able to talk to ghosts. go to every town in the graveyard and try to find a ghost. i found mine in deacon point but they seem to be random appearing. theyll have that blue star icon above their head.

======================================================================

knuckle sandwich - slap game

ch4 - id prob go after this first to get it out of the way, avoid any encounters with a lady while traveling and go to temple of somnolence east in the desert. inside there is a amulet you can equip for a slap game against heathen. leave and travel and shell stop you eventually and ask you to play slap game. use the last option (slap using amulet of the open palm). youll get the trophy and the maulet i think is prob useless after this

moondrunk - kill 3 as werewolf
ch4 werewolf, save before hand, stealth knock 3 people out, drop them in a pile and throw something like cluster dynamite on them. to turn into a werewolf double tap R1 you must have enough blue potion. ironically i didnt know this at all until the very end of the chapter so im not sure when it becomes available to do so. i did this in grackle in the drs office at night because people tend to walk in randomly

aid essex in his quest

ch4 at  absolution hall during main storyline essex will be outside, talk to him and do his side mission getting the soul vessel at oleander temple. there will be a hidden button on a wall. (when you first enter map go forwards and then left side). when you go outside essex will be there. give it to that creep.

loyalty to the pack - rescue missing werewolf
ch4 missable. during the main quest to find Leila Vidrio (werewolf journey),  if Leila has already been found, this quest won't be available. i had to revert back to a old save to get this one. go to grackle during the main quest of finding leila to find this sidequest called loyalty to the pack in mid town. i made a save before hand to get the trophy and then reverted back and skipped the mission. just accept quest midtown to find werewolf. go in the basement and tell the guy get flooded and side with the wolf and your rep goes up if you choose to  not revert back to a previous save. trophy pops when you free the wolf

moon hunter - bounty hunter into werewolf
during story dialog pick "how to make more werewolves" and cleric will tell you about wolfsbane. where you then go to collect 15 pieces

find a bounty hunter, either hire one or go get that chick from under grackle. make a backup save before this, put wolfsbane in her inventory. have a silver knife equipped.

go to Fort Glenn in the North East area of the map, south of the word stack in stackstone plains. go in the far back outside of the fence and regular wolf (not werewolf) should be roaming around, knife it with your silver knife and trophy will pop.

power behind pulpit - read sybils journal

ch4 while traveling (this was right after i was told to collect wolfsbane) a woman stops you and gives you a quest to steal sybils journal. id make a save before this. grabbing the journal will piss off the werewolves. go to marked location, open curtain in building there is a lever, go in the basement. sybil blabs to you. have a bottle of lightning to throw at the door to open it to get to the journal. as soon as you pick up the journal the trophy pops. i reverted back to my save and didnt do this quest at all because it doesnt seem to have any good outcome really

*note once you enter blood moon temple this is the point of no return for the chapter

at the end interacting with the blood moon i chose to destroy it to get the gang trophy in ch5, otherwise people become hostile

dog days - complete werewolf journey

==========================================================================

getting gang back together

ch5 follow quest till you see essex and he wants you to group everyone together one by one. id do this first before messing with anything else. this is where things go haywire so hopefully you have a save before this. the indian will be buried in the back of the fort by the corner of the fence. undig him. this can glitch, it did for me where he was dead. dont go to thriving places and dont leave the fort onc eyour there until you unbury him. if it says "take skin" it means the indian is dead and the trophy wont pop. gather rest of the people and meet them at the temple and the trophy pops. hopefully you didnt screw up any requirements in previous chapters like letting the one person become a wendigo thatll def void this out

whats in box - return heathen box

ch5 at some point while traveling youll run into her, just return the box and get the trophy. unless you opened it like a idiot. for me it happened right after getting the gang back together while traveling to pig joes

mystery machine

town mission seems to be randomized?

ch5. random encounter early on called "Far From Home" accept it . this lead me to palmer, i entered the abandoned house but the town seems randomized. go into basement, click urn, kill wraith.

winter has come

ch5 next i would prob go to pigman joes hut(joes hideaway) in the mid map, you dont wanna do this before getting the 5 together because it screws things up apparently
also if you start this in ch3 there is a chance you may lose the globes for no reason as a glitch

explorer

ch5. another easy quick one. visit the locations below and click on the giant stone tablets

1. Cedar Flats - somewhat middle of world map
2. Horsetail Grotto - far left of world map, dont go into cave go above it in the back
3. Blood Moon Temple - far right side of world map, Behind the temple entrance in some further old ruins.

*point of no return make a save is when  you talk to heathen and shes asks "are you ready to end this" id make a save here

eternity can wait - spare essex
ch 5
this can be a bit wonky because sometimes essex can randomly die during the game, bounty hunt you, etc. or youll get to the end and realize hes dead

this is the very last part of the game in foxglove. you come to a long dialog and eventually essex talks, answer this way

A: Say you didn't know and ask for forgiveness.
A: Spare Essex--he doesn't deserve to die

save world - there is hope

Q: So, what I want to know is why? Why didn't you help those ghosts?
A: Say the spirits should have settled their own affairs while still living.

Q: It was fine huntin' you did, a good heap of bounties. But ain't it ever bother you? Ain't you ever wonder if you was right to call yourself judge, jury and executioner for them folk?
A: Say you did wonder about it--you don't think anyone's fit to judge another's life.

Q: Imagine that? You made friends. I'd laugh, if I could. Tell us--what do you think of their loyalty to you?
A: Say you were grateful for their loyalty.

Q: So--why'd you do it partner? Money worth that much to you?
A: Say the money was a means to an end--you needed it to stay alive.

Q: I'm dying to know--did you enjoy it? Regret it? What's in that heart of yours, huh?
A: Say you feel remorse for the lives you took.

Q: Now, answer: did you use their lives well? Were their lives worth living?
A: Say you weren't perfect, but you tried to do what was right.

Essex options:

A: Say you didn't know and ask for forgiveness.
A: Spare Essex--he doesn't deserve to die.

it all dies - end the world

Q: So, what I want to know is why? Why didn't you help those ghosts?
A: Say the plights of mortals mean little when all is said and done--we all turn to dust.

Q: It was fine huntin' you did, a good heap of bounties. But ain't it ever bother you? Ain't you ever wonder if you was right to call yourself judge, jury and executioner for them folk?
A: Say they would've faced judgement no matter what, by your hand or another's.

Q: Imagine that? You made friends. I'd laugh, if I could. Tell us--what do you think of their loyalty to you?
A: Say loyalty is meaningless.

Q: So--why'd you do it partner? Money worth that much to you?
A: Say the money was nothing more than shiny metal to you.

Q: I'm dying to know--did you enjoy it? Regret it? What's in that heart of yours, huh?
A: Say life has no inherent value--all lives are meaningless, in the end.

Q: Now, answer: did you use their lives well? Were their lives worth living?
A: Say their lives are as meaningless as all others.

Essex options:

A: Tell him his life will turn to dust, like everyone else's.
A: Kill Essex--for his own sake.

===========================================================================
misc trophies

revenant - fight with bear
have some beer or wine any liquor in your inventory and drink it when you see a bear while hunting or on a map and then kill it. i found a bear during a mission so i did a backup save and killed the bear got the trophy then reloaded my save

off trail - complete 10 sidequests
people will always ask you to do sidequests in town and etc

chain reaction
get one of those bottles of lightning (throwing item) and toss it while 2 enemies are near each other. it also helps if you go in your options and make everything slower while aiming

break into building through chimney
get a rope in  your inventory and in the first town grackle at night jump on top of the fur traders building and go inside at night. i do this while looting anyways and sell all his shit back to him in the morning.

kill your first monstrous enemy
while in ch1 i found a camp that had 2 over powered pigs, i saved before hand because they can kill your partners pretty easily if your in the first ch. after taking one down the trophy popped. so i assume the pigs are it if you want it early. youll prob run into these somewhere at some point i thinkt hey say monstrous above their name

serve a sentance in jail
getting caught doing a crime in a friendly town (not grackle, something farther) they put me to jail, i saved before hand. im not exactly 100% sure how this works if its certain areas or what. grackle might work but didnt test it. maybe any town with a jail? prob get caught stealing from a store

kick someone off roof or cliff
at any map that i found people on the roof on buildings i made a backup save and then started attacking people and making them follow me up high and kicking them. it helps to do this in chapter one if you unlock the kick perk where people go flying back farther.

roast a live chicken
make a backup save when you see a chicken in town somewhere and throw a molotov at it

dishonored - drop from above
i go tthis one the same map as kick someone off a roof. basiclaly climbed on a 2nd story, waited for a guy to pass under me and i jumped (not dropped) in the air to navigate myself to land on them. the jump higher perk may help a little with this to get on roofs sneaking up there. i did it when people werent alerted.

recruit a full posse
hire 2 people to join you. prob will cost you under or about $500 if you want to get it early on.

dead or alive - turn in first bounty
in grackle by sheriff there is a bounty board just do one of those missions

lets ride - recruit first follower
in grackle hire someone for 100-300$ or so to join your posse. you could wait till later but you die kind of fast without help

kick a flying vulture
i waited for one to land on a box near me and and spam the kicked button and that worked. kciking them as they are landing may be best bet?

perky
you cant miss this

self improvement
you cant miss this

unforgiven
very first trophy you get almost right when you start. if your a completionist be warned that you get this trophy early so if you dont like the game your stuck playing it.

read 50 books
during pigmans journey you go below and theres quite a bit of books down there on shelves, not 50 but itll def bump your number up. eventually there is more caves with more books

rain of death - fire arrow
take your most useless weapon of the game your bow and arrow and find something like a lantern and shoot the arrow at it. but i think any fire will do. 

ghost town
make a backup save, you can do this in grackle and just murder everyone but theres alot of people. if you can find cedar flats more in the top middle has less stores. trophy pops after you travel

winds of war - element tornado
Tornadoes may sometimes randomly spawn in areas but a more consistent way of getting this achievement is to wait until you reach the Protector's journey and unlock his Western Wind ability that allows you to spawn one of your own. Any item or ability that triggers electric, poison or fire effects will convert the tornado into that element. Lightning Rounds or Wildfire Cocktails are an example but even throwing poison barrels or oil lamps should do the trick.

gold digger - dig up 10 mound caches
camp in the forrest of millswood, cache will be around the pond. leave and then camp again anywhere nearby and the same type of map will spawn. do this 10 times

• Like 2