Problem with 'A World of Challengers' trophy

taciovinicius

A World of Challengers
Beat 10 higher ranked players in ranked matches.

Does anyone else have trouble getting this trophy like me? (PS4 US version)
I kept beating a silver player while I was bronze and also kept beating a gold player when I was silver. I definitely did it more than 10 times, and no trophy. In the end I played with a new player with rank option in "multiplatform", and I was "beginner" in multiplatform ranking while he was "Bronze 3" in this ranking, and I got the trophy in the first win. Even though it seems the game ignores the multiplatform when both players are using the ps4 version.
Now the problem is that I wasn't able to replicate this with my boost partner until now. He keeps beating me as a beginner rank, while I'm on Silver rank.
I asked for some people, and they got the trophy accidentally without even trying to go for it.
So, anyone has a tip on how we could solve this problem?

On 11/7/2023 at 5:43 AM, taciovinicius said:

In the end I played with a new player with rank option in "multiplatform", and I was "beginner" in multiplatform ranking while he was "Bronze 3" in this ranking, and I got the trophy in the first win. Even though it seems the game ignores the multiplatform when both players are using the ps4 version.

AFAIK, you have to match against someone on another platform (like NX) in order to affect the Crossplay rank. Enabling Crossplay simply opens you up to the possibility, but does not utilize it against other PS4 users. Probably not even PS5 users either, given I’m told that Crossplay doesn’t need to be enabled to match PS4-PS5 in KoF15.

tbh I’m still in the weeds with this one but thanks to Kratos11911 it’s confirmed that wins need to be against opponents within 3 notches of your rank in order to get anywhere.
Edit: i'm still getting points off a beginner opponent, it just eventually starts being worth 1 point per win. Great for grinding the EX move wins, decimation move wins, etc.

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 1