Db Cooper and Samuel Norton

Meeting prisoner needs will help reduce unrest, especially the primary needs (e.g. food, toilet, sleep, hygiene), particularly letting them shower and eat asap after sleep. Look out for volatile prisoners and put them into luxury cell lockdown (in a high-security supermax wing if you have one). You can recruit informants from solitary then summon them to show hidden reputations. Run dog patrol routes on your perimeters to check for tunnels and use shakedowns to search for tunnels, tools and weapons; shakedowns are better at night when more guards are free and the prisoners won't get so upset. Metal detectors at bottlenecks on busy routes will also help with tools and weapons. If they're fleeing through entrances instead of tunnels, increase security there - extra doors/guards.

Simply expanding to have more prisoners will boost your income from the daily grants. Exports will also give you income - you can add a big forestry run by gardeners and workmen, then preferably process the timber in prisoner workshops with saws. Tax puts a big dent in your profits but you can research two major reductions. If you're desperate, close to $50k and you have a decent supply of money, you could temporarily fire most of your staff to save on wages! You'll need the money for the fees when you re-hire them all. You might not want to fire them if you have guards levelled up or trained though. Cancelling unnecessary programmes is another saver.

(My Prison Architect guide on GameFAQs includes a full trophy guide at the end with my method to make $75k+ cashflow on a new prison in five game days (ab)using forestry and one big intake. Hopefully that still works.)

On 11/14/2023 at 4:26 PM, barticle said:

Meeting prisoner needs will help reduce unrest, especially the primary needs (e.g. food, toilet, sleep, hygiene), particularly letting them shower and eat asap after sleep. Look out for volatile prisoners and put them into luxury cell lockdown (in a high-security supermax wing if you have one). You can recruit informants from solitary then summon them to show hidden reputations. Run dog patrol routes on your perimeters to check for tunnels and use shakedowns to search for tunnels, tools and weapons; shakedowns are better at night when more guards are free and the prisoners won't get so upset. Metal detectors at bottlenecks on busy routes will also help with tools and weapons. If they're fleeing through entrances instead of tunnels, increase security there - extra doors/guards.

Simply expanding to have more prisoners will boost your income from the daily grants. Exports will also give you income - you can add a big forestry run by gardeners and workmen, then preferably process the timber in prisoner workshops with saws. Tax puts a big dent in your profits but you can research two major reductions. If you're desperate, close to $50k and you have a decent supply of money, you could temporarily fire most of your staff to save on wages! You'll need the money for the fees when you re-hire them all. You might not want to fire them if you have guards levelled up or trained though. Cancelling unnecessary programmes is another saver.

(My Prison Architect guide on GameFAQs includes a full trophy guide at the end with my method to make $75k+ cashflow on a new prison in five game days (ab)using forestry and one big intake. Hopefully that still works.)

See I had their needs all up very high, like they were all met except for a few who were a bit annoyed with some. But for whatever reason something just kept happening to kill people or for people to escape. I'll have to check your guide out because I'm so close to being done with this game