DLC Weapons/Perks Worth It?

Beebatron

I just started playing A:FE since it was added to PS Plus. It seems like a decent game, my friends and I had some fun just playing a bit. I'm just wondering if it's worth getting the DLC since it's 50% off at the moment, for any new weapons/perks that was included? Also, since I've heard the new levels are very difficult, I may not play enough to get there but wondered if you get access to the weapons/perks without playing those levels? Meaning, could I simply get those new weapons/perks now while playing through the main game?

The new perks from the Pathogen DLC are good but some are only obtainable by playing the DLC itself, plus the new weapons suck IMO and the DLC overall wasn't great. If you're only after the trophies, you can do the whole thing on Easy and blitz it in a couple of hours if you play with friends but if you're wanting to unlock all the new items, a full team is essential, because the higher difficulties can be brutal at times (especially the last boss). Also note the Hardcore DLC is a free update to the game itself so the Pathogen DLC isn't needed, though you will have to start a new game from scratch to get the associated trophy (though you can just replay Level 1-1 over and over on Easy and get it done in 4-5hrs.

Other than the Pathogen DLC, the other DLCs are a complete waste of money IMO, because the new cosmetics are pretty lame and don't add a whole lot to the overall experience.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2