10/20 is designed to make you fail

Idk why but I had the urge to play fnaf 2 after like 10 years and after playing for 2 hours straight I have no idea how anyone is able to complete this.First of all the game was not designed to be played on controller and it makes everything harder than it should.This game has some of the worst ring of all time, like for example: I have the music box on 100% then withered Freddy comes in the office and after he leaves I have to check the left vent and toy Bonnie is in the vent which for some reason he doesn’t leave during the black like the other vent animatronic, OH NO instead he’s watching the bite of 87 meme compilations then does a long ass animation and boom the music box is at 0 and the puppet comes and kills me.But that’s if foxy doesn’t come immediately to kill me before him.The rng was bad on night 6 but it was manageable.Night 7 though the strategy you used for the entire game is useless.Going back on the controller thing from earlier when I try to use the flashlight in the hallway it doesn’t light up the hallway instead it lights up god knows what so foxy will kill me no matter what which is bullshit because I’m pressing the right button and I’m dying because of bad game design and not skill.also why the hell does this night feels so much longer to complete then every other night?all the other nights felt super fast but this one is actually a slog to get through.Now for the people who say “UsE ThE LeFt VeNt StRaTeGy” well here’s the thing all of there’s are made for the pc version with a mouse and not a controller.But I can’t be surprised that this is a lot harder than it needs to be because this game was unobtainable for 2 years.If any of you have a good strategy then please type it in this chat because I don’t wanna be like that one YouTuber who be clickbaiting his audience about completing these games when he doesn’t (Not saying who but if you know you know).

Having completed it myself, I can tell you the following:
-The strategy centres around keeping the Puppet happy, along with Foxy. Everything else is just designed to throw you off rhythm.

-With this is mind, the single most dangerous entity of the night is Toy Bonnie, because you have to resist the urge to throw up the camera immedietly after checking the vent. While there is a chance he won't immedietly kill you if you do, it's a small one and shouldn't be relied upon.

-The other annoying thing about Toy Bonnie? He hangs around, taking awhile to leave after your mask is up. It makes his every appearance unbearably tense.

-Balloon Boy and Mangle are no real threat, especially since Mangle likes to sync their attacks up with the other animatronics.

-Be greedy with the winding, but not TOO greedy.

Yes, it has a lot of RNG involved- certain patterns of attacks simply can't be worked around. But with enough perseverance it can be done.

3 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Having completed it myself, I can tell you the following:
-The strategy centres around keeping the Puppet happy, along with Foxy. Everything else is just designed to throw you off rhythm.

-With this is mind, the single most dangerous entity of the night is Toy Bonnie, because you have to resist the urge to throw up the camera immedietly after checking the vent. While there is a chance he won't immedietly kill you if you do, it's a small one and shouldn't be relied upon.

-The other annoying thing about Toy Bonnie? He hangs around, taking awhile to leave after your mask is up. It makes his every appearance unbearably tense.

-Balloon Boy and Mangle are no real threat, especially since Mangle likes to sync their attacks up with the other animatronics.

-Be greedy with the winding, but not TOO greedy.

Yes, it has a lot of RNG involved- certain patterns of attacks simply can't be worked around. But with enough perseverance it can be done.

Did you have a problem with trying to use the flashlight on the hallway but it’s not lighting up?I think that foxy is the worst one because of that alone.

28 minutes ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

Did you have a problem with trying to use the flashlight on the hallway but it’s not lighting up?I think that foxy is the worst one because of that alone.

The trick is to flash for just a moment each time- are you playing on PS5 btw? I never had a problem via PS4 with that but it's possible it's an emulation issue if so. Oh, and if you think this game's unplayable on console, stay far, far away from Sister Location, lol. There's a part where you have to enter a randomized 4 digit code into a keypad in like 6 seconds, and what took no effort with a mouse will take you _dozens_ of retries on console, it really is that bad.

18 hours ago, Alos88 said:

The trick is to flash for just a moment each time- are you playing on PS5 btw? I never had a problem via PS4 with that but it's possible it's an emulation issue if so. Oh, and if you think this game's unplayable on console, stay far, far away from Sister Location, lol. There's a part where you have to enter a randomized 4 digit code into a keypad in like 6 seconds, and what took no effort with a mouse will take you _dozens_ of retries on console, it really is that bad.

Ok so I’ve tried the ps4 version and the same problem is on the ps4 version so idk man also because i barely use my ps4 it feels weird using it idk why.I’ve found a good enough strategy that can help me beat this but the rng with toy Bonnie and foxy is what’s going to determine how the run goes.I’ll post back on this when I actually beat it.

edit:In case people don’t believe me on how luck dependent this is here’s a clip

Edited by THEULTRAMEMELORD

it took me a hour to beat the game normally but I was excited for 10/20 because I been feining for a hard challenge but on my first try I got 4am and thought wow I thought this was extremely hard then I died to misclick because r1 and l1 get confusing to me at times then I constantly kept dying and dying and did think how am I gonna do this but eventually the next day for my game winning won what I did differently then before is always give the music box huge winds up because of bonnie always never giving me enough time for the box when he was there and that help me beat this. and if I had the EU version I would definitely do it again 

Edited by X-VILE_MAN-X

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2023 at 8:51 PM, Alos88 said:

… There's a part where you have to enter a randomized 4 digit code into a keypad in like 6 seconds, and what took no effort with a mouse will take you _dozens_ of retries on console, it really is that bad.

More like a 9 digit code and you have 0.6 seconds between each imput…

it’s horrible