PS stars questions and "clever" ideas...

Dooleh_404

Soooo... not sure if this has been asked here before (probably has), but if I purchase a game to get the 143 points I am missing for the $5 wallet voucher, what happens when I buy the game, redeem the voucher and ask for a refund for that game? Does the $5 disappear and my ps stars points are wiped/restored to 1107, do they reject the refund, anyone already tried doing this?

Yes I am asking if I can game the system, hope that's not against the site rules. (>_<)

Also another question, I have 1 console. Can I install the PS app to my 2nd phone and tie it to my 2nd account and have both phones tied to the same console?

edit: you can have the app active on two phones, each tied to 1 account, on the same console, but you only get the ps plus challenges on the account that's subbed to ps+ so basically since Sony resets points after 24 months, you will not be able to get enough points for the measly $5 unless you get more points by buying games from PSN on your 2nd account.

Edited by Dooleh_404

1 hour ago, JCP3953 said:

Yes, when I got a a refund(psone classic) I lost my points for said game and the game I redeemed with points became locked, I’m assuming something similar would happen if you bought a game using a redeemed 5$ 

Yeah, I thought they'd do something like that... it's just annoying because I really want to activate the ps app on my other phone and start earning points on my second account, but I'm worried the damn thing will wipe my main account's point balance since the app is tied to the console itself, and not just the account.

Guess I'll just miss the November objectives and try in December when I get that voucher and am at low point balance.

1 hour ago, Dooleh_404 said:

Also another question, I have 1 console. Can I install the PS app to my 2nd phone and tie it to my 2nd account and have both phones tied to the same console?

I'd say you can because it will not matter. PS App can only store one PSN account. PS Stars is tied to an account, not a console.

CMIIW