Hotshot Trophy Tips

Greyendar

Hi Everyone,

There are a bunch of guides on how to fly to the station, but I found the most challenging part was figuring out how to get out of the ship and into the station without flying away. I figured I would consolidate some of the facts and tips here.

- There is no way that I know of to actually land the ship in a way in which it will stay still. So when exiting the ship, it will need to be done quick before your ship is out of position.

- It is difficult and tricky to exit the ship via the hatch. It is way easier and more reliable too use the ejection.

- When exiting, stay between the two large sunstation components, if outside, you will fling away. if inside, you will stay with the momentum of the station.

- Lock onto the hatch once you are at the station. Then consistently use the function to match your speed with it. This will allow you to orient yourself and give you room to breathe.

- Get a little ways under the hatch and orient yourself so the hatch is right above you. Then eject. If you are locked on, you boost to the hatch. Use a combination of manual boost and speed match.

A lot of guides have different methods that they used. But the above are most obviously easy ways to get inside.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would not recommend trying to recreate it, but when I went for the trophy I actually managed to level myself out on one of the bits of debris floating between the two halves of the Sun Station. From there, I ejected and pulled half a half rotation to orient myself with the entrance and just slide in. It was never wracking, I tell you; I must have failed at least a couple dozen times to get to that point.

Funnily enough, I actually had more trouble on approaching the Sun Station. Most guides advise you follow the station around its orbit, matching velocity and eventually gaining distance. Not sure if I just sucked at that or what, but I kept either over-shooting it, getting bonked in the back of the head by Ash Twin because I was too slow, or simply getting pulled into the Sun.

After I gave up on that, I switched to going at the Sun Station parallel. Had to spend a few tense moments flying on my side to line up the landing, but it worked much easier. Made it not even five tires after I switched to this method of approach.

• 2 weeks later...