Gold trophy bug/glitch

Maridius98

I started doing Red Dead on the ps4 last week and managed to get 100% done. Saved a couple of easy trophies for last and one of them is Gold trophy for getting a gold medal in any combat mission. Tryed doing it a couple of times on different missions, but it seems that it does not register that I did it aka it shows the stats of my first run when I beat the story. Is this a known issue since I can't find anything online and does someone know a possible fix? The only thing I could do is start a new game after I finish everything else and hope that it will pop then. 

On 12/3/2023 at 3:37 PM, Maridius98 said:

I started doing Red Dead on the ps4 last week and managed to get 100% done. Saved a couple of easy trophies for last and one of them is Gold trophy for getting a gold medal in any combat mission. Tryed doing it a couple of times on different missions, but it seems that it does not register that I did it aka it shows the stats of my first run when I beat the story. Is this a known issue since I can't find anything online and does someone know a possible fix? The only thing I could do is start a new game after I finish everything else and hope that it will pop then. 

So your problem is the gold mission / trophy  ? It needs to be a gold medal earnt in a mission with combat (using your weapons etc..).

so , easiest mission to do is “old swindler blues”.  Replay it 

need to ;

finish in 2 mins or less 

100% accuracy 

4 headshots

it’s easy , might take you 1-2 tries but it’s quick … use dead eye quickly (no need to target / just activate dead eye and manually aim at the head and keep going quickly to armadillo. Dont take short cuts , quick corner cutting is the most id suggest.

let me know how you go 

edit: this is assuming you haven’t already done this .. I’ve finished the game 3 times recently (4 including ps3) and never had an issue, but I’ve also done the done this mission on each run.. not that it matters

Edited by JWill_55

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the situation. I found a way to fix the problem. The thing was that the stats were saving, but not for the mission that they were supposed to. Even when I got the requirements needed, the stat would appear for the last mission, not the mission I did. The way I fixed it was that I "pushed" the stat down by clicking on replay and then canceling it, until it was for the mission I needed. When the stats were correct, I replayed the mission again and the trophy did pop. 

Just wanted to update if someone gets the same situation with this trophy, even if no one spoke of it online. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 7:56 PM, Maridius98 said:

Update on the situation. I found a way to fix the problem. The thing was that the stats were saving, but not for the mission that they were supposed to. Even when I got the requirements needed, the stat would appear for the last mission, not the mission I did. The way I fixed it was that I "pushed" the stat down by clicking on replay and then canceling it, until it was for the mission I needed. When the stats were correct, I replayed the mission again and the trophy did pop. 

Just wanted to update if someone gets the same situation with this trophy, even if no one spoke of it online. 

Thank you. I had the same problem.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2023 at 7:56 PM, Maridius98 said:

Thanks so much for the solution!!! I also encountered this exact issue.