Trophy thoughts

yowzagabowza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, Teh_Zombz said:

been watching a few people play this to see if its worth a buy.

it looks pretty hard, first few enemies kill you fairly quick lol. haven't watched much longer so does anyone know if there is meta progression in this game? if so how much?

The game can be made very easy after progressing for a while. You can even turn on Hyper Mode which makes the game easier and easier the more you die! Yes, there is meta progression, which I'm assuming means that there are some upgrades that you are able to keep and start with after you die. 

The game is fun and a full run, with exploring every level fully, takes about 50 minutes.

I haven't been able to unlock the Merciful Master trophy, however. I've defeated a bunch of enemies with an evade that leaves sticky bombs and still no trophy. I don't know if there's another way.

• 3 months later...

Is there any real benefit to buying the deluxe edition? I know boss rush and the extra characters can be unlocked later on naturally but is there a benefit to having the spectral scanner or access to endless mode?

3 hours ago, DHawk12 said:

Is there any real benefit to buying the deluxe edition? I know boss rush and the extra characters can be unlocked later on naturally but is there a benefit to having the spectral scanner or access to endless mode?

As usual, the deluxe edition is not a good value. It won't help in getting the platinum.

10 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

As usual, the deluxe edition is not a good value. It won't help in getting the platinum.

I figured. I’m basically just curious about the scanner, the game is on sale for $12.99 and the deluxe upgrade is $6.50. I’ll probably just get the regular edition unless the scanner is actually exclusive and worth using.

Edited by DHawk12