Do PS5 games now go to top of list regardless of last trophy date?

RNumbers

So I played Walkabout Mini Golf the other day without earning a trophy (shocking, right?). I noticed at the time that it promoted the trophy list for the game to the top of my overall list, which I thought was cool because that used to be how it worked back on PS3 and prevents you from having to dig through your list for games you're playing but not earning trophies for regularly.

I've now noticed that this site reflects that same order, meaning that I have a trophy list where my last earned trophy was 1-Dec above games where I have earned trophies in subsequent days, which I feel like is a departure from how I remember it working.

Is this something that changed recently? A fluke? Just curious if anyone else has noticed something similar.

6 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

No. It only does that if you update any trophy that has a tracker. Like if you went from 0/50 on one to 2/50, it would be the same as unlocking a trophy and go straight to the top on PSN. 

Aaaah, that makes sense. I don't have too many games with trackers so I never noticed before. Solved.