Wonky trophy glitches

Doodlebawp

Putting this here as a heads up.

I ran into two glitches with Souvenir Addiction (40 collectibles) and Mind (all) the gaps (25 gaps). Despite getting all 40+ collectibles and black flags on all gaps, both trophies wouldn't pop. The trophy tracker had my collectibles at 19/40 and my gaps at 23/25.

To try and fix this I reset my character's progress in-game under extras. Mind (all) the gaps popped after clearing my first two gaps but Souvenir Addiction didn't despite getting 40 collectibles again.

After deleting all save files and cloud saves I was able to get Souvenir Addiction after getting 48 collectibles.  

It seems like the trophy tracker on your PlayStation is what you want to pay attention to, not the in-game tracker in your character menu.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll also had an issue with the tracking for the collectibles. Mine stopped tracking at 14. I continued collecting them until I had 44 then suddenly it started tracking again however at that point there were not enough collectibles left to make get the counter to 40. 

I also reset my progress and deleted all saves. At that point I main lined the main missions without focusing on side objectives or picking up any collectibles along the way. I did this to have access to all areas and collectibles  Thankfully the took less than two hours. Once I’d opened up all areas I started getting collectibles. The counter on the trophy does not reset with your save file so I had to collect 17 before I saw it was counting again. After each one I collected I would reopen the tracker to make sure it was still tracking. Sometimes the tracker would update immediate other times it would would take about a minute but in the end all were tracked perfectly and I popped the trophy when I collected 40. I did this all in a single session btw. Took about 3 hours total opening the map then going for 40 collectibles. Probably could she. Been a bit shorter if I would have not been stubborn and tried for a few of the more annoying collectibles.  

• 2 months later...

Edit: ignore this, I can't read!

For the gaps: The flags where it says 'GAP' must be BLACK for it to count. They start white and depending on how good you did (either points or distance, not sure) the flag will change to green, red or black.

Edit: just saw that this is mentioned in the guide, don't know how i've missed that.

Edited by XMorv

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 6:53 AM, XMorv said:

For the gaps: The flags where it says 'GAP' must be BLACK for it to count. They start white and depending on how good you did (either points or distance, not sure) the flag will change to green, red or black.

Edit: just saw that this is mentioned in the guide, don't know how i've missed that.

Correct. The glitch occurred having done this on all gaps.