I thought this game was....  

11 members have voted

1. 1. I thought this game was....

• Amazing (5/5)
    • Great (4/5)
    • Good (3/5)
    • Meh (2/5)
    • Crap (1/5)

People keep telling me I should give this game a go and that I would like it. But idk... Most people compare this to Souls games, Hollow Knight and other great games I really like. But I don't see anything here. The movement looks slow and clunky from videos, the combat also seems... simple. Thats as nice as I can put it.

This just looks like such a weeb game to me. I can't with these 12 year old white girls summoning dark edgy knights. The whole thing looks like something I thought was cool when I was like 10 years old.

The amount of people insisting on this being good honestly baffles me.

Please, just tell me something that this games does, that makes it good, or even great in your opinion. I'd be really interested to hear.

FYI you can spoil me, I don't care. But put it in a spoiler for other people - thanks.

Edited by Paleblood

I can`t say, how much the game has in common with Dark Souls or Hollow Knight, as I don`t really get far in this games, but I can say that Ender Lilies is my game of the year. It has a beautiful soundtrack and artstyle and a dark and tragic fantasy story (that gets fleshed out through the collectables that you can find). The games world also feels believable, as in,

Spoiler

this is a world that fights for decades a hopeless battle against an enemy, that can only be momentary be stopped but can not be defeated.

Gameplaywise it is more similar to games like Minoria or Ghost Parade (it can get hard and you can stuck on a boss or part of the game, but it dosen`t have roadblocks like the Capra Demon or Father Gascoine).

The summoned spirits function as your different (upgradeable) attacks and since you only can use 3 of them at the same time and there are 26 of them, it lets you experiment with different spirit combinations for different situations/bosses.

Storywise it also makes sense, that the developers make the protagonist a loli, as

Spoiler

she is the only beiing that isn`t corrupted (portrayet through her looks and the color white) by the Blight (undead plague, that spreads similar to mushroom spores), and even has the power to clean it, but at the cost, that it corrupts her body (and her character model).

Her design also makes sense, as the main spirit (Umbral Knight) and her develop a kind of father/daughter relationship similar to Lee/Clementine or Kazuma/Haruka and such a kind of relationship wouldn`t have such an impact on the player if she would been at highschool girl age or a mature woman.

• Like 1