(Vulpine9Tails) Rochie's Trophies

Vulpine9Tails

2 hours ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

Congrats on both new platinums and really well done! I have been back and forth with myself about Callisto. I have teh game in my backlog ever since it was on ps+ monthly games. Initially when the game was announced I was super hyped for the game, but given all the issues the game had at launch and feel a bit disappointed in the look of the combat, I have never gone around to start it. As of now I have other games I want to play before this, but will likely go for it some day. You can be very proud though of your new shiny plats 

Warrior_of_Doom.png

Thank you! I wouldn't recommend Callisto unless you are someone who loves Dead Space, wants to play something that is like Dead Space, and doesn't mind that it is a cheap imitation. I think the only reason I played it was because of the accessibility options that took all the challenge out of the goofy combat made it not scary, as I am definitely no Dead Space afficienado. If it doesn't look like something that will float your boat, I would say it's an easy miss as it's really nothing special imo. I am glad I played it though just because it was different than what I usually play. 

On 1/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, Vulpine9Tails said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Shredders - Shredageddon

I had high hopes for this game. I was a huge fan of the original SSX and SSX Tricky games, and I just like snowboarding games in general even if this one was a lot tamer in terms of physics and style. Lots of people online praise this game for its realism, in fact. To those people I would like to ask what the heck are you smoking? Have you ever seen a snowboard fold completely in half while grinding a rail? Or someone's arms stick straight out their backs as they faceplant into the ground? Has gravity completely stopped working as you start your descent down the hill so you end up stuck twirling around trying to figure out which way the ground is? This game does not have realistic physics; it barely has physics at all. I got this platinum over the course of a weekend and it was one of those games I almost immediately regretted starting up and right when I was about to make the decision to quit and shelve it forever, I popped a trophy. Well it was only a ten hour platinum, but my golly was it a frustrating mess at times. Do I actually regret it? No, not really. There is a supreme lack of these types of games out there. Sure there's Steep and that Mark McMorris or whatever game, but that's pretty much it unless you go back to Shaun White Snowboarding on PS3 but that platinum is unobtainable now afaik. And the PS3 SSX is an abomination compared to its predecessors. Pretty please can we just have a remaster/remake of SSX (Tricky) that's all we really need. We certainly don't need that spine we left on the bunny hill in Shredders.

SSX tricky was so good. I use to play that so much on PS2, god I haven’t thought of that game in forever. You have good taste!

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

Barn Finders - Job Done

I quite enjoyed this game. If you are a fan of shows like American Pickers, you would like this. It is a bit buggy; at one point after I had finished a map and exited back to my shop, the game decided to restart all of my progress and started the whole game over from the intro cutscene. The weird thing about that was it was also trying to get me to continue with my current objectives but wouldn't let me interact with anything. So I deleted my save and restarted the whole game again. Thankfully I was only one mission in so I didn't lose much progress. I would suggest making backup saves between missions just to be on the safe side. I would also suggest keeping track of the dirty/broken items you collect and follow the guide here. I wasn't really following the guide and it turned out I missed quite a well hidden dig spot with the dirty item I missed during my first go around. The dumbest trophy is to score 500 basketball points. Why? The controls are not conducive to playing basketball so you are just standing there trying to angle your shot and the game barely recognizes that you're standing in the two point zone so it's only giving you 1 point per shot you make. Annoying but at least I figured out the best way to do it and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I sucked when I was first attempting it and then I was consistently getting 20+ points a go. There's even thieves that can come steal the stuff you collect for your shop but you just click on them to assault their "eggs" so they leave lol. I was worried they would be more of a pain to deal with but the game is just so chill.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Raji: An Ancient Epic

As soon as I found out there was a PS5 version of this coming to Extra I immediately downloaded it. I had played the demo on the Switch a while ago and thought it was pretty cool but it wasn't high on my priority list to buy. It's pretty good but sometimes the controls seemed a bit unresponsive. Or maybe I just suck and every time I fell off the climbing poles or missed the very large platform I was aiming for was all my own darn fault. My biggest complaint is the ending. Spoilers if you care:

What happens to the bad guy? We beat him up for a few minutes, he laughs then just fucks off somewhere and dumps us into the middle of the desert to reunite with the brother? That's... not much of an ending. Are we going to get a sequel? It felt like the whole game just didn't need to happen. We don't know why the kid was abducted in the first place because they couldn't be bothered to explain that either. So he just gives him back and leaves, and that's our happy ending I guess. Maybe I missed it in with all the extra exposition bits but I was actively paying attention for once and still couldn't figure it out.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - A tale of two sons

I have played this a few times before and goodness does it get me every time. Beautiful remake, if maybe a bit unnecessary. It is a very sad story which I am not going to say anything about other than technically you don't even need to get to the depressing parts to unlock the platinum. A bit of a travesty to be honest as you don't see how the whole story ends and you miss out on the whole point of the game. I hate when trophies are like that. Of course I made it all the way to the end where I was once again a sobbing mess as expected. If you're a sensitive sort, make sure you are in the right headspace to play this one as there are some side character stuff that might be a bit triggering as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing - Over the Moon

What a pointless grind for that last trophy to unlock everything in the shop. The rest of the trophy list is very typical of a kart racer: unlock all the characters, hit them with specific items, win some tournaments, beat the time trials, and so forth. But to unlock everything in the shop, you have to fulfill certain requirements for every single character (do NOT buy the DLC characters as they will add to the total grind) and you then have to grind the currency which you can only get 15 of per race. There is a way to farm using a particular challenge that is way quicker, but what makes it egregious is that once you unlock everything for a character, there is absolutely no reason to ever use that character again. It is guaranteed that this will be your last trophy so there is nothing else to use them for. It is utterly pointless. I only went for this trophy because I find myself having a lot of free time idly listening to meetings at work, or I just feel like chilling and watching a video in the background so I just grind. I finally got it done today as I am on another roll getting a bunch of platinums in one weekend which is just dandy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Viewfinder - Viewfound

I think this is my new favourite platinum image. I just love cats so much. There is a cat in this game, though I'm not 100% sure why. His name is Cait and I am so happy when games allow you to pet the cats! I despise the one part at the end where he gets sad that the game is over. Booo. I do not want to see a sad cat in my puzzle games thank you very much. Other than that, this game was pretty cool. The concept of taking a photo and using it to alter the world around you is very neat. I'm kind of surprised this isn't implemented in more games, but I guess it would be challenging to implement it to other genres that aren't just puzzles. I did follow a guide because a lot of enjoyment is lost on me trying to figure stuff out on my own. I'm dumb and I know it. I also get motion sick real bad if I start turning around a lot so I try to negate that by having someone else do all the heavy lifting for me. Being in first person does me no good with this genre which is a real shame. I have lost many weekend days having to go lay down after giving myself barf belly because of this, so guide it is.

Well I had a very productive weekend getting a bunch of platinums and I need one more before my #200 milestone. I don't have a plan set in stone yet but I was considering the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection to be lucky #200. The problem is I don't know how badly I want to do a Crushing playthrough. I also need to do all collectibles and some random trophies I missed. I guess I will see how I'm feeling after #199 is done, whatever that ends up being.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 1:20 AM, Vulpine9Tails said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Raji: An Ancient Epic

As soon as I found out there was a PS5 version of this coming to Extra I immediately downloaded it. I had played the demo on the Switch a while ago and thought it was pretty cool but it wasn't high on my priority list to buy. It's pretty good but sometimes the controls seemed a bit unresponsive. Or maybe I just suck and every time I fell off the climbing poles or missed the very large platform I was aiming for was all my own darn fault. My biggest complaint is the ending. Spoilers if you care:

What happens to the bad guy? We beat him up for a few minutes, he laughs then just fucks off somewhere and dumps us into the middle of the desert to reunite with the brother? That's... not much of an ending. Are we going to get a sequel? It felt like the whole game just didn't need to happen. We don't know why the kid was abducted in the first place because they couldn't be bothered to explain that either. So he just gives him back and leaves, and that's our happy ending I guess. Maybe I missed it in with all the extra exposition bits but I was actively paying attention for once and still couldn't figure it out.

I had been wanting to play Raji for many years, but never got around to get it, so perfect timing with this remake. I bought it and will play it after Remnant 2 dlc and Stellar Blade

Well sone gettting the plat :D 

On 4/22/2024 at 1:56 AM, Vulpine9Tails said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - A tale of two sons

I have played this a few times before and goodness does it get me every time. Beautiful remake, if maybe a bit unnecessary. It is a very sad story which I am not going to say anything about other than technically you don't even need to get to the depressing parts to unlock the platinum. A bit of a travesty to be honest as you don't see how the whole story ends and you miss out on the whole point of the game. I hate when trophies are like that. Of course I made it all the way to the end where I was once again a sobbing mess as expected. If you're a sensitive sort, make sure you are in the right headspace to play this one as there are some side character stuff that might be a bit triggering as well.

I loved this remake. absolutely and amazing game and I fully agree that the trophies should make you experience the entire game. It is a sad story, but also very impactful. The games which can impact your feelings are truly amazing.

Congrats on all your recent plats, very well done and impressive! :) 

Edited by Warrior_of_Doom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 Turbocharged - Turbocharged

I really enjoy arcade racing games and I love these Hot Wheels games. They are just plain fun. The cars are well detailed, the tracks are a hoot and a half, and they put in an actual story to enjoy as well. I mean it's obviously meant for kids and it's a racing game so the story is not anything too crazy. In fact I was a little confused by a glaring plot hole: we were only zapped down to toy size for the boss fights (yes there's boss fights - basically just have to go around the track running into targets to destroy a monster, which is just a special piece of track mod), so how were we doing every other race in the game? The story made it a point to accentuate how the characters specifically only used the shrink ray thing at the boss fights so I'm really confused by why the any of the rest of the missions even exist in context but I guess we aren't supposed to think that hard about it lol. I am not quite done with the game as there is another DLC planned so I'm looking forward to when that comes out. Very happy to have played this and it wasn't as bad of a grind as the first game which is definitely appreciated so I could get this done to make it to...

#200!!!!!!  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hidden Cats in New York - The whole family

So I did not do what I said I was going to do, and I have no regrets. Because CATS! Tbh I don't care that much about milestones, but they are a thing that goes on your profile so 🤷‍♀️.

What better image to showcase as a milestone than a group of adorable kitties. I also love hidden object games so this game is pretty much purfect. I had a very lovely afternoon playing this with a little help from my bf as he watched me play for a bit while he made lunch. Just a great experience for a milestone I never managed to reach on any of my previous accounts. Here's to the next 100 platinum trophies.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails