Is this an MMO? A question from someone who is interested in the game.

ProfSeajay7

I once downloaded this game and started it up and then it asked me to make an account so I am assume this is an online game which will require me to pay a subscription fee. Since I have five month of FFXIV, I prefer not to multi-task MMOs, so if anyone could clarify if I have to buy a sub to play this game, I would be appreciative. I'd like to put this over Terraria in my list for the Platinum Difficulty Challenge because it looks nice, but having to make an account for the company is sus.

1 minute ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Okay, so the account creation is for the microtrans. Good to know. Thanks for the reply. :)

The account is not necessary for microtransactions, it is required to start and play the game. You also have the option to link the PSN account you use to play the game with a Hoyoverse account you create/own (Hoyoverse is the game's publisher/developing company and you can make such an account in their website also for free), so your progress is transferred cross-platforms (Playstation, Mobile and PC).

The game is completely free-to-play, you can get everything done in the game without paying a single cent. Spending money in the game comes usually in the form of buying Primogems (the game's premium in-game currency) to roll for some characters, which speeds up the game's progress a bit, but it is completely optional.

• Like 1

Also to clarify the "Is this an MMO?": No, this is a complete single-player game with optional co-op multiplayer elements with up to 4 players in a single world instance (you + max. 3 other players from the same server region). Other players cannot interact with stuff like chests, puzzle elements or NPCs while staying in your world, but can attack mobs and overworld bosses and also collect most renewable materials. You can also do most material-related domains together (players get their own loot separate from each other).

There is no PvP in this game, except for the Genius Invokation TCG.

• Like 1