Best Inspirational Game to finish the Year!! (Recommend your favorite)

ValkerianCreator

So I just finished (platinumed) Winds and Leaves on psvr1/ps4, which is a similar game to Journey (ps3/ps4) but in VR and with a bigger focus on nature and trees. It's that type of game that aims for an experience and then tries to deliver an inspirational finale to close the experience. It's not the best I have seen in the inspirational category, but it definitely reminded me of how much I like that type of game. Abzu was along those lines too.

So, even though I won't be playing games to finish 2023 because I will be at a family gathering, this is the kind of topic I like and this recent game I finished (Winds & Leaves) reminded me of it:

What is your BEST recommendation for a game to end the year with highly inspirational [and ideally, also happy] vibes??

I know this can work wonderfully with the right choice because I did it at the end of 2019 with Final Fantasy X, and I still remember enjoying that 31st.

So, let's see what are the games that people consider the holy grail of inspiration to make a year's ending great, if someone who didn't play it (or didn't beat it) chooses to play that game or to reach that ending on New Year's Eve (or very close to it, like I did with Final Fantasy X).

If I see a recommendation repeated too much, I'll definitely think about getting that if I never played it.

Also, I expect that this topic could potentially light up the end of the year for some people that check it out.

Happy end of the year dear readers/viewers ; )

EDIT: My recommendations for the topic are Moss Book 2 (inspirational fairytale with great ending) and Astro Bot Rescue Mission (super happy vibes + very entertaining), but, if you don't have access to VR you can also check out Persona 3 FES (ps3 psn download), Eternal Sonata (ps3), or Persona 4 Golden (ps4/pc/ps5/vita/switch). For a beautiful game that is not an rpg or a VR game, go for Xing The Land Beyond. If you want to start it and be able to beat it the same day though (in 3-4 hours), Abzu is the one I would recommend.

Edited by ValkerianCreator

I’m going to suggest Dungeon Defenders Awakened, not for the game content per se, but for the community I encountered in this platinum journey.

My brother and I completed it couch co-op, and we met so many helpful people online. People would message me strategies while in game, continue trying obstacles over and over with me we had trouble overcoming, and one fellow on “The Keep” Massacre mission saved my butt by showing me how to effectively beat the wolf. I am better at Tower Defense games because of the brilliant builds people showed me.

It was inspiring in an era where people, generally speaking, remain unkind to one another online.

• Like 2