The last thing I need to do to get the platinum is this damn Gripped mission.

Everytime I try it, starts to rain, which makes the later part of the mission pretty much impossible, specially the 14th ring (following the GTA Series video guide).

Every video I found on YouTube is done in the dry, with no rain. Does anybody know what I have to do in order to run it on the dry? Or is there a route/method that works when the terrain gets wet?

Posted (edited)

So, I found a solution and for anyone facing the same issue, here's what you do:

• Go to Portland (the first island).
  • Save there.
  • Head to the blue phone icon and start a mission.
  • Save again on Portland.
  • Now, drive all the way up to the Gripped starting point and give it a try. It should be dry all the way through.

I was completing the game island by island, so the side missions on the third one were the last I had to do, and Gripped was the very last thing I needed to complete for 100%. If you have more missions and tasks remaining, this might alone be sufficient to stop the downpour of doom.

It seems the rain is scripted for that specific part of the map, triggered by loading the game from there. That's why I believe saving on another island and driving up there resolves it. In any case, I managed to complete the challenge on the first try without any difficulty in dry conditions, which is much easier than it was during the PS2 days, thankfully.

Edited by wowbagger_84

• 2 months later...

Can't recall seeing any rain on my goes on gripped. I just checked my video through and it was dry the whole run.

Though it did take a few tries lol

I saved my game on the third island for sure. I used the savepont to get vehicle explosions and when I got bored of blowing stuff up I'd go and try gripped.

Good you found a solution though as that challenge is a bit of a pain to get right.