Online Trophies + Server Life

CoopzIZBallin24

Hey all, first time going for the platinum on 2k. Can anyone list the online/MP trophies for me? So I can prioritise those. I’ve done some of them that are obvious, but I’m a little confused at the stuff in my park. 

Also, how long do the servers stay up for, someone told me that shutdown every year when the new title comes out but I don’t know if that’s accurate. Im playing the PS5 version. 

Essentially the entire platinum requires online connectivity and will become unobtainable when servers close. For 2k24 PS5 the only trophies that will probably be obtainable after shut down are the ones beginning with "Green Zone" on the PSN ordered list.

Servers always last until 31 December two years after release. That means for 2k24, the servers shut down on 31 December, 2025. Some "live service" features will shut earlier and make certain trophies unobtainable. For 2k24, the big concerns for early unobtainables, though absolutely nothing here is confirmed, would be as follows:

Win an NBA Today Game (PS4 stack only) *High Priority as this trophy typically goes unobtainable as soon as the NBA finals for the current season end*

Shattered Prize - Only for people who want to stack the game as one shattered prize is a lifetime agenda, meaning you will be able to achieve this once as long as the servers are active. New ones have been sparsely implemented (I don't think a second is currently available).

Earn a prize from each (Myteam) minigame - If 2k doesn't maintain a method to see each minigame this could go unobtainable after they stop updating the game in ~August. The minigames rotate through the different game modes. In season 3 the only way to do the "ascension" minigame was via locker codes, if a minigame is similarly missing for the final season this trophy might be in danger.

Win with 13 holographic cards - This is the big Myteam grind as is. They've generally been giving far more opportunities to get these as the season has progressed but if you don't have 13 by the end of the game's active life cycle there's a chance that it will be extremely hard/expensive to pull more.

As for actual multiplayer, the only trophies on PS5 that require MP are winning a game of salary cap mode and winning a game of W Online. The former shouldn't really require boosting but the latter can sometimes have very low player counts.

14 minutes ago, VersusCA said:

Essentially the entire platinum requires online connectivity and will become unobtainable when servers close. For 2k24 PS5 the only trophies that will probably be obtainable after shut down are the ones beginning with "Green Zone" on the PSN ordered list.

Servers always last until 31 December two years after release. That means for 2k24, the servers shut down on 31 December, 2025. Some "live service" features will shut earlier and make certain trophies unobtainable. For 2k24, the big concerns for early unobtainables, though absolutely nothing here is confirmed, would be as follows:

Win an NBA Today Game (PS4 stack only) *High Priority as this trophy typically goes unobtainable as soon as the NBA finals for the current season end*

Shattered Prize - Only for people who want to stack the game as one shattered prize is a lifetime agenda, meaning you will be able to achieve this once as long as the servers are active. New ones have been sparsely implemented (I don't think a second is currently available).

Earn a prize from each (Myteam) minigame - If 2k doesn't maintain a method to see each minigame this could go unobtainable after they stop updating the game in ~August. The minigames rotate through the different game modes. In season 3 the only way to do the "ascension" minigame was via locker codes, if a minigame is similarly missing for the final season this trophy might be in danger.

Win with 13 holographic cards - This is the big Myteam grind as is. They've generally been giving far more opportunities to get these as the season has progressed but if you don't have 13 by the end of the game's active life cycle there's a chance that it will be extremely hard/expensive to pull more.

As for actual multiplayer, the only trophies on PS5 that require MP are winning a game of salary cap mode and winning a game of W Online. The former shouldn't really require boosting but the latter can sometimes have very low player counts.

Thanks for the great response, that helps a lot. Thankfully I’ve already done most of the MP ones and the shattered prize trophy. 

I’ll have to look into the Holo Card one and figure out how I can best get them. 

• Like 1