"No friends play this game"

Eraezr

I thought this would be an interesting way to filter games which are underrated, especially for the PSN friend lists which have 100+ people. On PS5 - in the dropdown section for every installed game is a segment that indicates which of your PSN friends have played the game you got installed. It looks like this

IMG-4905.jpg

For comparative reference, I've got 100-something PSN friends - of which at least half are trophy hunters. I've seen this happen (will update as I play more) with:

• Star Ocean: The Second Story R
  • In Sound Mind
  • Witch on the Holy Night
Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 9:49 PM, Eraezr said:

I thought this would be an interesting way to filter games which are underrated, especially for the PSN friend lists which have 100+ people. On PS5 - in the dropdown section for every installed game is a segment that indicates which of your PSN friends have played the game you got installed. It looks like this

IMG-4905.jpg

For comparative reference, I've got 100-something PSN friends - of which at least half are trophy hunters. I've seen this happen (will update as I play more) with:

• Star Ocean: The Second Story R
  • In Sound Mind
  • Witch on the Holy Night

Now this is an interesting idea for a topic, surprised no one's replied to it yet. One major example for me is that despite a friends list of comparable size, no one on my friends has even played what to this day is still my favorite platinum. The PS3 title Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. Hell, I recall one hardcore trophy hunter I'd had added back then who messaged me asking what game it was because he'd never heard of it before. And this was a guy that went after every game, even Hannah Montana. Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes is a real fun hack and slash title, better than the now generic and bland ones pushed out almost annually by Koei. Regardless of what console era it is, I've had a habit of picking up a few games here and there that few to none of my friends list have played. But that one will always be tops. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

Now this is an interesting idea for a topic, surprised no one's replied to it yet. One major example for me is that despite a friends list of comparable size, no one on my friends has even played what to this day is still my favorite platinum. The PS3 title Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. Hell, I recall one hardcore trophy hunter I'd had added back then who messaged me asking what game it was because he'd never heard of it before. And this was a guy that went after every game, even Hannah Montana. Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes is a real fun hack and slash title, better than the now generic and bland ones pushed out almost annually by Koei. Regardless of what console era it is, I've had a habit of picking up a few games here and there that few to none of my friends list have played. But that one will always be tops. 

Was the platinum run really 200+ hours?