Lyaner Research confusion

I kind of do not understand how to actually start this. All the requests tell me i either need to recruit a certain thing or finish other quests and looking online i find a lot fot ips on how to level up factions and stuff but i have absolutley no clue how to start interaction with this feature at all. How do i recruit the factions for the first time? i do sometimes see groups of little animal with weapons that walk around but i have not figured out how to interact with them yet. can anyone help me? most guides assume you have acces to this feature already

• 2 weeks later...

You need to talk to the lynian researcher in seliana, he stands outside of the meeting area. There's about 30 you can do, where you use the camera he gives you I've forgotten the specific name of it. 

There you can see the requests and everything, often you just need a photo of the target on the area, there will be a paw icon in the top right corner when something is eligible for a request. So take a picture, save it and then make sure you submit it to the lynian researcher back in seliana for it to count. There's a few you can do inside seliana, but you need to have the surveyor camera thing equipped to a radial menu to use in seliana.

I recommend adding it to your radial menu but you should have it permanently in your item bar similar to the net for endemic life. 

You may need to level up unity with some of the grimalkynes for some requests to be visible btw.

Edited by OnlyBrooke-

2 hours ago, OnlyBrooke- said:

You need to talk to the lynian researcher in seliana, he stands outside of the meeting area. There's about 30 you can do, where you use the camera he gives you I've forgotten the specific name of it. 

There you can see the requests and everything, often you just need a photo of the target on the area, there will be a paw icon in the top right corner when something is eligible for a request. So take a picture, save it and then make sure you submit it to the lynian researcher back in seliana for it to count. There's a few you can do inside seliana, but you need to have the surveyor camera thing equipped to a radial menu to use in seliana.

I recommend adding it to your radial menu but you should have it permanently in your item bar similar to the net for endemic life. 

You may need to level up unity with some of the grimalkynes for some requests to be visible btw.

Thinks i did do this. But every one of the 30 request tells me to hire some lifeform or to finish previous quests before i can start any of them. One was to hire a member of the bugcatcher tribe for example. i read a bit online about these and it apears they are factions in each of the biomes that you can befriend and level up or something but i dont know how to start that process

On 2/2/2024 at 12:17 PM, Ich1994-1994 said:

Thinks i did do this. But every one of the 30 request tells me to hire some lifeform or to finish previous quests before i can start any of them. One was to hire a member of the bugcatcher tribe for example. i read a bit online about these and it apears they are factions in each of the biomes that you can befriend and level up or something but i dont know how to start that process

For the Photos: 

You can take out your camera with L1+START (the small Button in the upper right in the controller without radial or normal menu).

https://www.powerpyx.com/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-all-lynian-research-request-locations/

The easiest are:

What you are confused about are the diffrent lynian races. 

In mhwi we have:

Bugtrappers in ancient forest

Protectors in wildspire waste

Troupers in coral highlands

Plunderers in rotten vale 

Gajalaka in elder's recess 

Boaboa in hoarfrost reach

You can find these cats (lynian) in quest's and let them join you to help you. So you can increase their unity (familiarity) and at lvl 6 unlock pawswap (important for the trophies: Fledgling Collector, Veteran Collector and Ultimate Collector)

To speed up unity gain:

Needed skills: Wide-Range 5 (Friendship), Free Meal 1 or 3 (Satitated), Speed Eating 3 (Gobbler)

Just go on a solo expedition in a biome, use the tailraider signal, go back to camp, drink a potion (you can confirm it worked after you see the lynian that joined you has a little green cloud around him while you drink the potion, now return from quest (important, don't abandon quest)

do this a few times and they should be on unity lvl 6 in no time)

You can always check their unity via Palico Info and then Palico Unity or via your Guild Card and then Tailraiders.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:40 PM, Deathy-me said:

For the Photos: 

You can take out your camera with L1+START (the small Button in the upper right in the controller without radial or normal menu).

https://www.powerpyx.com/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-all-lynian-research-request-locations/

The easiest are:

In mhwi we have:

You can find these cats (lynian) in quest's and let them join you to help you. So you can increase their unity (familiarity) and at lvl 6 unlock pawswap (important for the trophies: Fledgling Collector, Veteran Collector and Ultimate Collector)

To speed up unity gain:

Needed skills: Wide-Range 5 (Friendship), Free Meal 1 or 3 (Satitated), Speed Eating 3 (Gobbler)

Just go on a solo expedition in a biome, use the tailraider signal, go back to camp, drink a potion (you can confirm it worked after you see the lynian that joined you has a little green cloud around him while you drink the potion, now return from quest (important, don't abandon quest)

You can always check their unity via Palico Info and then Palico Unity or via your Guild Card and then Tailraiders.

ok i dont even have the tailraider signal jet. i think i have seen boaboas already but i think they attacked me? anyway thanks i will check this out

On 2/6/2024 at 4:40 PM, Deathy-me said:

For the Photos: 

The easiest are:

In mhwi we have:

To speed up unity gain:

So I went to the baobao in the frozen area. All they do is attack me.

to make this clear again btw.

i do not have the tailraider, I cannot check the unity in the palicon info section (i see a placeholder for a menu point but cannot go there.

in my Guildcard there is a menu point I can access but there is nothing listed at all except for a questionmark. This whole system is entirely untouched by me. I do not know how to recruit them for the very first time. 
is there any task I need to do before beeing able to recruit them at all maybe? Or a specific spot on the map where there is a special baobao?

edit: for anyone having the same problem. The monster hunter wiki seems to be actually

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Grimalkyne+Tribes

each tribes requires something else to hire them first

Edited by Ich1994-1994

On 2/8/2024 at 10:57 PM, Ich1994-1994 said:

So I went to the baobao in the frozen area. All they do is attack me.

to make this clear again btw.

i do not have the tailraider, I cannot check the unity in the palicon info section (i see a placeholder for a menu point but cannot go there.

in my Guildcard there is a menu point I can access but there is nothing listed at all except for a questionmark. This whole system is entirely untouched by me. I do not know how to recruit them for the very first time. 
is there any task I need to do before beeing able to recruit them at all maybe? Or a specific spot on the map where there is a special baobao?

edit: for anyone having the same problem. The monster hunter wiki seems to be actually

https://monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Grimalkyne+Tribes

each tribes requires something else to hire them first

Aaaaaaah... oki, do you have all palico gadget's? Or Any Palico gadget besides vigor wasp (health wasp)? 

Boa Boa is a bit complicated due to them being kinda locked behind a quest. 

And sorry I completed them a long time ago so i also forgot about the lynian markings😅 in each area you can find red scribbles, if you interact with them and have found enough you can start to interact with the tribe and they will aid you  and give you a special palico gadget. Each Region has their own gadget. I have to look where you can see how many you have or need but i guess go on an expedition where the lynian researcher is and talk to him.

This might help:

Edited by Deathy-me

On 2/9/2024 at 11:11 PM, Deathy-me said:

Aaaaaaah... oki, do you have all palico gadget's? Or Any Palico gadget besides vigor wasp (health wasp)? 

Boa Boa is a bit complicated due to them being kinda locked behind a quest. 

And sorry I completed them a long time ago so i also forgot about the lynian markings😅 in each area you can find red scribbles, if you interact with them and have found enough you can start to interact with the tribe and they will aid you  and give you a special palico gadget. Each Region has their own gadget. I have to look where you can see how many you have or need but i guess go on an expedition where the lynian researcher is and talk to him.

This might help:

Thanks i finnaly got the first one in teh forest area. Yea i guess thats why nobody could help me because the entry into the system is a very one and done thing that no one remembers^^ Can you maybe just tell me if there is any quest were killing a monster in front of some baobao works well? maybe the snow shark guy works well? i am not really good enough yet to stop a monster from fleeing to its den at the end of the fight and there are usually no baobao^^

On 2/12/2024 at 3:40 PM, Ich1994-1994 said:

Thanks i finnaly got the first one in teh forest area. Yea i guess thats why nobody could help me because the entry into the system is a very one and done thing that no one remembers^^ Can you maybe just tell me if there is any quest were killing a monster in front of some baobao works well? maybe the snow shark guy works well? i am not really good enough yet to stop a monster from fleeing to its den at the end of the fight and there are usually no baobao^^

The best is to go on an expedition while the lynian researcher is in hoarfrost and kill Beotudas or Banbaro. That should do the trick.

It's further explained here☺️.

https://eu.rgj.com/story/life/2019/09/07/boaboa-friendship-guide-palico-gear-tailrider-signal-wulg-ride-technobubble/2246960001/

• Like 1