Input lag ?

I can't believe I haven't found a single topic about this here. This game has the biggest input lag I've ever seen in a video game. 

Like what the hell. I'm playing on my PS5 and it's barely playable at all. I tried searching for possible fix and turns out plenty of people have this issue (on PS4, Series S/X , Xbox One , PS5..) And pretty much no fix. 

That input lag is honestly so bad I can't believe people have played this game from start to finish. I really want to power through but I'll probably end up dropping it again

As someone who just recently 100%’d this game and was bouncing back and forth between PS4 and PS5, I definitely agree there is noticeable controller lag differences between the 2 systems for the same game.

However, I also want to point out that, while this game doesn’t do it quite as well as Rocksteady in the Arkham games, the combat system isn’t intended to be a button masher. It’s intended to be more methodical combat sequences involving strike, counter, evade, special moves, etc. Any time I started noticing controller lag it was in situations where I found myself button mashing.

Do you still have a PS4 you can try on?

Unfortunately my PS4 is in its box and stored somewhere and I don't feel like unboxing it again just for this game. 

I've noticed that the input lag is mainly on the left stick for some reason. And it's very noticeable when "walking" with Talion, once you're running, the input lag from the left stick becomes less noticeable. 

But going from being still to slow walk with the left stick is where you really realize how bad the input lag is, It's strange because aiming with the bow or even the combat doesn't have that much input lag except maybe for the roll button.

Just the left stick really.

• 1 month later...

I thought I was going crazy, nice to know other people have this problem. I swear there's an entire second delay between moving the left stick and Talion moving in game. I'm also pretty sure that countering and dodge-rolling attacks has some kind of input lag. Like, I'm pressing the damn button before the attack lands., and I'm still getting hit. There's no way this is a skill issue, and that I'm bad at the game, right? Right?

On 3/18/2024 at 10:07 PM, TimeKeeper60 said:

I thought I was going crazy, nice to know other people have this problem. I swear there's an entire second delay between moving the left stick and Talion moving in game. I'm also pretty sure that countering and dodge-rolling attacks has some kind of input lag. Like, I'm pressing the damn button before the attack lands., and I'm still getting hit. There's no way this is a skill issue, and that I'm bad at the game, right? Right?

I found that the input delay come mostly from the Left stick while walking with Talion. Once I'm running with him , it wasn't as noticeable. 

There is slight input delay in other buttons but you can get used to it and it's not that awful, I had no problem with counters but dodge rolling does have more input delay that other actions. Didn't notice input delay on the bow though. 

Honestly I powered through and after a few hours , you get used to it, but the beginning is very very painful and I honestly thought I couldn't get past it, but I did. 

I also unplugged my external hard drive just incase as I know it can cause interferences , didn't really notice any difference but I did it just incase. 

On 3/21/2024 at 2:38 PM, KRIEGLERR said:

I found that the input delay come mostly from the Left stick while walking with Talion. Once I'm running with him , it wasn't as noticeable. 

There is slight input delay in other buttons but you can get used to it and it's not that awful, I had no problem with counters but dodge rolling does have more input delay that other actions. Didn't notice input delay on the bow though. 

Honestly I powered through and after a few hours , you get used to it, but the beginning is very very painful and I honestly thought I couldn't get past it, but I did. 

I also unplugged my external hard drive just incase as I know it can cause interferences , didn't really notice any difference but I did it just incase. 

Yeah I'm about 20 hours into the game now, and I've pretty much gotten used to the controls, so that plus a bunch of upgrades means that I'm not constantly dying anymore.