What would you say the pros and cons to this place is?

Dezorak

After lurking awhile i thought i see others input and of course my own.

Pros - 

great way to set goals

easy to see trophy's

guides are kick ass

community events are a cool way to encourage you to try new games

breaks down trophies in a easy to understand manner making them less overwhelming 

if ya know which community posts to follow can get some cool suggestions.

Actually encourages me to complete games eventually rather then stop midway through

made me enjoy console gaming more by giving a dopamine rush when ya get those Platinum's

Cons -

Can sometimes be a little intimidating to try and engage (10% more personal experience due to reasons despite the few people I have engaged with being really nice)

Lack of audio walkthroughs (sometimes my dyslexia gets the better of me and the mind boggles when trying to get a gist of some of the larger walkthroughs)

Lack of a suggestions tag as it be cool if based of past platinum's it could go hey consider this as ATM I get a lot of my suggestions from @DrBloodmoney(sorry if the tags not appropriate) kaleidoscope challenge and the few I took from that I enjoyed)

but yeah I'm curious to see what you lot like/feel could be improved. (also an excuse for me to try interacting more to make con 1 a mute point lol)

and the cons are really digging deep for anything as overall i do enjoy this place and glad i got shown it as being someone who struggles with things like second playthroughs it keeps me on track with my games :D.

• Like 3

I quite like this site but yeah there are cons too, having been a user for many years this is what I think

Pros:

Lots of excellent trophy guides, with details on time taken and difficulty rating. 

Easy to track trophies

Able to sort your trophy list on your profile in various ways, which is not possible on the psn itself.

Good forums and discussions on various topics, especially for people like me who me where no one around me IRL games at atll, let alone knows what trophies even are. 

The overall design of the site is really nice and sleek. I like the profile set up, the way you have a trophy cabinet, plus being able to create trophy cards for use on any forum, and also the profile cover photos set to either whatever game you want or your last played game are cool features that add to the aesthetic. 

I wrote one guide on this site, and the process is very streamlined. The in built features and templates make it super easy to format and add tables, button icons, links etc. 

Trophy milestones is an interesting idea. 

Wide array of forum topics

Cons

There are hardly any if any walkthroughs like gamefaqs or neoseeker. Although the trophy guides are good, there are no comprehensive walkthroughs. 

The criticism to those that hide trophies is unfair, I hide some trophies of games I don't like, and I think the idea of you should show it all, is utterly stupid and ignorant. People can show and hide what they want, and most people are just normal gamers, hiding does not mean you are a cheater. Especially since you cannot delete trophies.

The trophy advisor isn't useful, recommends the ancient games on my list more than newer titles. 

Completion percentage seems to foster a negative and unenjoyable approach to gaming, so personally not a fan of the completion percentage system

• Like 1
  • Haha 1