Do you need PS+ to get the platinum for this?

Been seeing some things around about needing to do online multiplayer to get some characters. I generally prefer to play things like this solo, but I'd like the platinum - is it possible to recruit everyone playing alone?

If I understand correctly you do NOT need PS+ nor to do online multiplayer to get the platinum... At least in theory, if you can manage with NPCs or solo.

The one point that always comes up is that 1 Crewmate Card that can only be bought with 7 Gold Dalia Badges.

You get Gold Dalia Badges from Quick Quests, which can be done both online and offline as soon as the story is finished.

You can use Gold Badge Tickets to get bonus (guaranteed) Gold Dalia Badges from Quick Quests, but you can only use these tickets when playing online.

When playing offline Gold Dalia Badges are a really rare drop, but they do exist, according to https://www.reddit.com/r/GranblueFantasyRelink/comments/1af3p6o/comment/kov2uv0/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

People tend to mix the actual badges with the tickets when discussing the need to play online and that makes it hard to not get confused. Especially so if the badges are so rare that many players might think that you cannot get them without the use of a ticket.

(I just hope this is true, PS+ has become way too expensive for my taste.)

Edited by Windflare88
  • Like 1

Good to know difficulty doesn't matter either since that is an easy quest. I did random quests for about 3 hours straight the other day and didn't get a single one, was starting to believe that rng couldn't be that bad and maybe only higher difficulty quests had a chance to drop them, or something along those lines.

But no I guess the rng really is that bad.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been taking a break from the game for a while but now I'm at the point of farming for the terminus weapons and unlocking the remaining characters so there's not much left for me to do to get the plat. I had still put off getting the gold badges but I I knew I had to go get them eventually so I (successfully) farmed them now.

My advice for doing this offline is waiting for the end-game before attempting this. Then roll for something easy by starting and aborting quick quests until you get something to work with. Anything at or below level 60-ish will work, be it a boss or something with a timer. 4-Minute-Quests are actually not so bad for this because the bosses can take a while, too, and you save the time waiting for the treasure chests to open.

Anways, enable full assist mode and put the quest on repeat - you will still get badges when repeating - and go watch a series on the side or something while keeping an eye out for the repeat-cancel popup. It will still take some time. Took me about 15 hours or so, but I messed up and farmed 8 badges but only needed 7. 😅

Sadly though, they had to go and add the Maniac and Proud difficulties to the quick quest roulette with a patch. This makes rolling for a nice quest pretty annoying.