Delayed Character Unlocks = Less MSP?

Just read that as you progress in the Main Story, the starting level for characters available for unlock via Crewmate Cards increases, up to lvl45. I'm just curious: Since we earn 1 MSP per character level-up, do we technically lose out on 35 MSP per character we delay unlocking until their starting level is 45?

Or does it not matter because you eventually swim in MSP somehow? 

(I just started playing the game last night, so I'm not very far at all. Apologies if this is a profoundly dumb question.)

No, it's better to delay unlocking whoever you not planning to use right now. You'll get them with a lot of trees already unlocked. I currently can unlock them at level 45 and they come with all skills already available. (40% of tree completed). I am waiting to get them at level 50-60. 60 unlocks after maniac difficulty iirc.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

I just did a little more research myself and it looks like if you complete the entire Main Story (inc Chapter ZERO) and are at least lvl60 yourself, then the not-yet-unlocked characters will be available at lvl60 as well.

Works for me, as my current plan is to just pick up one new character as soon as I get my first Crewmate Card, and then hold off on picking anyone else up until I've completed the entire main story.

3 hours ago, JagKenobi said:

I just did a little more research myself and it looks like if you complete the entire Main Story (inc Chapter ZERO) and are at least lvl60 yourself, then the not-yet-unlocked characters will be available at lvl60 as well.

Works for me, as my current plan is to just pick up one new character as soon as I get my first Crewmate Card, and then hold off on picking anyone else up until I've completed the entire main story.

In that case you could also just wait until you have the weapons for your character that drop in the post game.

afaik less characters -> smaller loot pool -> higher chance that you get the weapon you want

I'm doing that. 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JagKenobi said:

Get yourself Cagliostro for your party. Her Phantasmagoria buffs attack, crit and def for whole party and she also can heal.