Clash in the Clouds - Forgot how much this sucked

Hi everyone, 

Held of playing this as its truly the worst part of the completion. Been a few years since I last did it so I had forgotten some of the things. 

I was on the 4th or 5th challenge, the one where you have to win without looting or picking up fresh weapons and I got the message blue ribbon failed as when I was shooting someone on the skyline I also reloaded which must have also triggered a pickup the corpse I was standing on. No danger, hit restart and the piece of crap removed my entire progress back to zero. Money, upgrades, everything. 

So in the main game they removed the save game option and replaced it with a random restart point which means a lot of un-skippable repeated scenes, and now with CitC, they remove starting a wave and in order to progress you cannot just pop the game down and pick up later, you have to do it in one sitting?

1 hour ago, DanteIshimura said:

CitC, they remove starting a wave and in order to progress you cannot just pop the game down and pick up later, you have to do it in one sitting?

AFAIK, that's how it is in all versions of the game but I haven't played the PS3 release in years so can't be 100% sure 🤔.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, that's how it is in all versions of the game but I haven't played the PS3 release in years so can't be 100% sure 🤔.

Cheers man. Managed to stick it out and finished the first map then made a save. 

In regards to the museum curator. I currently have around 5K or something as I bought the other vigors. In the guide it says something like make a save, buy some museum stuff and then reload save. Does this mean that with the 5K I have, I could potentially unlock this trophy asap rather than wasting over 20K doing it legit? I'd rather money be used on upgrades and stuff. If so how do you reload the dlc save? 

5 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

Cheers man. Managed to stick it out and finished the first map then made a save. 

In regards to the museum curator. I currently have around 5K or something as I bought the other vigors. In the guide it says something like make a save, buy some museum stuff and then reload save. Does this mean that with the 5K I have, I could potentially unlock this trophy asap rather than wasting over 20K doing it legit? I'd rather money be used on upgrades and stuff. If so how do you reload the dlc save? 

No idea, I did those trophies years ago but have no memory of how I got them :(.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 6:49 PM, HuntingFever said:

No idea, I did those trophies years ago but have no memory of how I got them :(.

No worries lad. I had more than enough money by the end of the 3rd map so I unlock the trophy then loaded and used the money on upgrades. Got the 100% completion on all content last night and man am I glad its over. I remember the first time I played the game a couple of years ago I enjoyed it, but it really hasn't aged well for me. Other than the last minute of the final DLC, it was a borefest.