Trophy Thoughts

PunisherXD

I'm pretty excited for this, looked at some trailers and it looks really fun. Poppy Works (the devs) are also the publishers of Devil Engine, which is just bonus points for me. Although unlike with Devil Engine, I'll wait a bit before buying this. 😆

Trophy list seems fun for the most part, although doing All S Ranks and that sub 2 hour trophy could prove to be difficult. Thoughts? 🤔

I tried the game for 2 hours and I can say that this game is extremely hard. Just to beat the game is a very ardous task. For the platinum you need a speed run, which can be very difficult to achieve. And the ranking S in all levels will be the worst part I guess.

Edited by xXFinal_WaveXx
  • Like 1

Everytime i read something with "in one sitting" im a completely out ^^ it is such an utterly stressful thing i really hate. Will play the game without trophies on an alt account and enjoy the fantastic gameplay and skip the trophies for this one. I really like hard lists, but the older i get the more i despise anything that stresses me such as speedruns. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

17/26 of the S ranks. They’re very hard to accomplish. Mainly because the requirements are almost contingent on damage. Every boss, aside from Uriel, requires that you no hit them. The commandos (mini bosses) also require less than 2 hits iirc. What makes it infuriating to go against the commandos is their hyper armor and the devs just love to spam enemies in the later sections. However, they don’t actually adjust the ranking system to accommodate more enemies. If you get hit once, it’s an E. It’s very frustrating tbh and I honestly think the devs need to rework it. 

On 4/16/2024 at 11:50 PM, MomentoMiki said:

I honestly can’t recommend this game. It’s S rank reqs are actually insane 

EDIT: okay, so I found new information after experimenting with some of the harder levels. Your rank, without a high combo, is almost entirely based on damage. If you’re able to achieve a higher combo, you can leverage that and still get an S - B, even though you may possibly get hit. The middle ordnance bombs are essential for generating high combos. So, if you’re not able to flawless a certain section, aim for a higher combo. 

Also, from what I’ve seen. 5 or less hits and a combo higher than 50 almost guarantees a B.