Just how difficult are the combo trials?

Wondering if its worth going for the platinum on this, how difficult are the combo trials? I've done a few fairly challenging fighting game platinums that featured combo trials but I am yet to finish one where it requires you to complete ALL the trials for ALL the characters. 

Also, the fact nobody made a guide for this game makes me even more worried. I'd love to hear opinions from people who got the platinum or are currently going for it as I played a bit of this game and it feels pretty decent. 

2 hours ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

Wondering if its worth going for the platinum on this, how difficult are the combo trials? I've done a few fairly challenging fighting game platinums that featured combo trials but I am yet to finish one where it requires you to complete ALL the trials for ALL the characters. 

Also, the fact nobody made a guide for this game makes me even more worried. I'd love to hear opinions from people who got the platinum or are currently going for it as I played a bit of this game and it feels pretty decent. 

The trials are fairly challenging, but nothing as bad as Koihime. I'd say they are on par with SSF4 trials. Most are really easy. There are a few that may test your patience. There's a T. Hawk of challenges in here with Big Band. I think I did all of his in under an hour. Beowolf is also really easy. 

I'd call this plat a 7/10 difficulty. There are plenty of resources to help you decipher the trophy descriptions. It's like any other fighting game, really.

Edited by Kittens Are Awesome
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

The trials are fairly challenging, but nothing as bad as Koihime. I'd say they are on par with SSF4 trials. Most are really easy. There are a few that may test your patience. There's a T. Hawk of challenges in here with Big Band. I think I did all of his in under an hour. Beowolf is also really easy. 

I'd call this plat a 7/10 difficulty. There are plenty of resources to help you decipher the trophy descriptions. It's like any other fighting game, really.

7 sounds incredibly low for a game like that, I personally consider a game like Persona 4 arena Ulti a 7-8 so I think our ratings massively differ lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

7 sounds incredibly low for a game like that, I personally consider a game like Persona 4 arena Ulti a 7-8 so I think our ratings massively differ lol 

Difficulty is relative. However, I would say P4AU being rated a 7 is fair. There's a lot to do in that game, and there are a handful of difficult trials in that game, especially going for the 100% on ps3. There may be some difference in our view on what's considered difficult in fighting games, but I don't think it's huge.

If you want to give it a shot, I don't mind giving tips. I also made videos on how to complete all trials in Skullgirls. Some people find those helpful. 

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Difficulty is relative. However, I would say P4AU being rated a 7 is fair. There's a lot to do in that game, and there are a handful of difficult trials in that game, especially going for the 100% on ps3. There may be some difference in our view on what's considered difficult in fighting games, but I don't think it's huge.

If you want to give it a shot, I don't mind giving tips. I also made videos on how to complete all trials in Skullgirls. Some people find those helpful. 

Yeah definitely, I gave MvC infinite a 5/10 and a lot of people disagree so it just depends on how good you do on the trials, but hey if you consider Skullgirls and P4au to be close then I might have a chance with Skullgirls! 

And thank you, I will try going for it after clearing MK1 and KOF15.