Some notes around the missable trophies

littlelostkiwi

Hey all, first of all, this is an excellent 2d souslike / metroidvania, for anyone who is on the fence.

I thought I would put some notes around the missable trophies, since although there are some trophy/achievement guides out there, I found some examples of missable trophies that weren't mentioned, since I had to do two play-throughts after locking myself out.

While most of the trophies are non-missable, there are two locations where some trophies can become locked out. Both of these locations are towards the end of the game.

The first one is in High Walls of Mythringal, specifically, the Cold One Beast boss fight at the end of the area.

The second one is in the following areas after that, the The Junas Ministry, specifically, the Lord Patryk Laddak boss fight at the end of the area.

Here are the key actions that need to be completed before/after these points:

• Almost all NPCs disappear after beating Lord Patryk. Complete all relevant trophies before beating him. In particular:
    • All side quest trophies
    • The trophy involving collecting all spells
  • Complete Aldrich's quest before beating the Cold One Beast. Otherwise, he will disappear, locking you out of his quest trophy, as well as the trophy for all spells
  • Along your travels, you will encounter an NPC 'The Old Wymond'. Make sure you talk to him every time you cross paths.
    • There are four locations where you meet him, all along the main path of your travels
    • Make sure to complete his dialog each time (to the point where you can access his shop inventory).
    • You must speak to him at all four locations before beating the Cold One Beast, otherwise he might not show up as a boss
    • Once you beat the Cold One Beast, he will show up as a boss in the City of Mythringal.
  • There are three ending trophies, all of which can be achieved by backing up your save to the cloud. There is potentially a missable trophy here too:
    • One ending requires you to skip the final boss.
    • One ending requires you to beat the final boss.
    • Another ending requires you to beat that final boss while holding both Esk’s left and right eye.

I am not sure if you can get both trophy-related endings for killing the boss if you have both eyes in your possession when you first encounter the boss (perhaps someone can confirm?). Therefore I would suggest:

• Avoid collecting both eyes during your play-through.
  • Backup your save after beating Lord Patryk Laddak
  • Get the ending where you skip the final boss
  • Restore your save
  • Get the ending where you beat the final boss
  • Restore your save
  • Collect both Eyes
  • Get the ending where you beat the final boss with both eyes in your inventory.

I hope that helps.

Edited by littlelostkiwi
  • Like 2