Platinum Tips After Just Finishing the Game

I finished this one a few weeks ago, after taking about 5 years off after I first started. It can get a bit boring and repetitive. I used the calendar technique,  manually fast-forwarding a day to speed up the game, and had absolutely no issues with any trophies. This is a free-to-play game, so it artificially gates progression behind time. Most trophies are a breeze, but there are three that you need to look out for.

The first one is Get off My Lawn. You can do this one of two ways, either keep your dwellers to a max of 29 from the start or finish everything else and drop your dwellers to 29 at the end game. There are advantages to both. The reason you keep it at 29 is it limits the different types of incidents you have. They're random, but at 29 you're pulling from a smaller incident pool than you would be at 30. I think the pool at 29 is rad roach, raider attack, and fire. Also, if you have a pet that either 2x or 3x objective costs, it counts towards the trophy yet it does not show up in in-game stats. I believe I got the trophy at around 35 raider attacks with the 3x pet objective buff. That being said, you still get raider attacks when you have 100 dwellers, you just get other attacks from mole rats, feral ghouls, rad scorpions and deathclaws.

To speed things up, buying one of the 40 pet bundles and 40 lunch box bundles when they're on sale at $9.99 saves time, but isn't necessary.

The other two trophies that are a chore are Armed and Dangerous - Collect 20 Legendary Weapons and Fashion Statement - Collect 20 Legendary Outfits. Save this until endgame. you'll get some from lunch boxes. I'd say you average 1 of either from about every 10 lunchboxes. The other way is crafting. The quickest way to get crafting components is by sending dwellers out in the wasteland. I had 3 dwellers completely leveled up with the best weapons and armor and they did all quests and were the ones I sent out every day for crafting items in the end game.

This is a watch a tv show while you're playing the game or listening to a podcast kind of Platinum. It's an okay game, but illustrates the path Bethesda was on that more or less defines what they are today.

• Like 2

I've just finished the game as well last week and have found a third way of getting the 'Armed and Dangerous' and 'Fashion Statement', which I've found to be by far the easiest method. You will have to have at least one legendary outfit and one legendary weapon to make it work. Equip dwellers with legendary items and send them on quests. The more dwellers you can send on quests with legendary items, the faster you will gain the trophy. Once the quest is completed and BEFORE returning them to the shelter, change weapons and outfits from legendary to some picked up on the quest. When returning, the game will count the legendary items in your inventory as collecting a new weapon or outfit, counting towards the trophies. Rinse and repeat until they pop.

• Like 1