What's the best way to achieve 100%?

El-Sublime-

I want to complete both PS3 and Vita versions, since they will not be updated again. But i find too many outdated guides, and don't know which is the best way to get the 100%.

-Can all online trophies be done solo with 2 controllers?
-Are all trophies still obtainable?

-Are all DLCs free as part of updates?

Don't misunderstand me, i like the game and played it a lot on PC, but i don't want to play hundreds of hours to complete it (if possible).

All the DLCs are free but I'm not really sure if the servers are done at this point, and yes, if they work, you could get them with two controllers.

You can get a lot of trophies playing the tutorial world, it has almost everything to make a lot of the trophies easier. If not, there's a glitch shared here which let's you play in creative mode while the game believes you're in survival (I didn't personally try it, but it seems it works).

9 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

I'm not really sure if the servers are done at this point

Servers for all three stacks are up and alive to the point where random players dropping in on any game are a nuisance because people will constantly search for any games with open slots.

Vita stack also needs multiplayer on one base game trophy (Diamonds to You) that can't be done solo unless you have two Vitas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shadaik said:

Servers for all three stacks are up and alive to the point where random players dropping in on any game are a nuisance because people will constantly search for any games with open slots.

Vita stack also needs multiplayer on one base game trophy (Diamonds to You) that can't be done solo unless you have two Vitas.

This^

The fastest way to 100% any version of this game is to find a fully stocked trophy world and get all the trophies you can that way, then do the rest in your own world. The MP trophies are the sticking point, because they're a PITA that have to be done in ranked public matches, now the private lobby exploit has long since been patched out. The trophy for throwing Diamonds at someone is another pain, because you need either 2 controllers or 2 players for the PS3/PS4 version but 2 Vitas for the Vita version of it. The only trophy you can't really boost is the one for surviving 100 in-game days (AKA 34 real world hours). The PS4 version is the biggest PITA of the lot to 100% because of the MP trophies being impossible to earn without exploits due to the devs being massive douchebags and locking out the Legacy version of the game for anyone who started playing after a certain point in time. Outside of the MP trophies, the PS4 version has the benefit of Trophy Realms that allow you to get all the other trophies in just a few hours except for the 100 days one, since that still has to be done in your own world. Also note the aforementioned Creative Mode exploit only works for the PS4 version of the game, it was patched out years ago for the PS3 release, though I believe it never worked in the Vita version 🤔.

To be more direct though:

-Can all online trophies be done solo with 2 controllers? No, the MP requires at least 3 players for some trophies.
-Are all trophies still obtainable? It depends on which version of the game you're playing, the PS3 and Vita are fine, if a bit buggy at times but the PS4 release requires fiddly exploits to regain access to the MP.

-Are all DLCs free as part of updates? Yes - all the other DLCs are either trophyless skins/asset packs for the main game or extra maps for the garbage MP.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update
  • Like 4