London's Burning Question

gamelord-2007

So I was in the Docks district and had embraced Sean Hampton (prior to that, the only other citizens I had embraced in the Docks were Dyson Delany and the Paxton sisters) and after embracing both Rodney and Martin not long after Seamus and then going to a safehouse to upgrade straight after, it immediately turned hostile and all the remaining citizens were dead. I was playing for a little bit longer when it then occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to get Ichabod's Stake and whatever other weapons the remaining Dock citizens drop, thus screwing me out of the weapon trophies and wiping out hours of progress as the only save I have backed up was before I confronted Nurse Crane in Whitechapel.

So now I have to do a good chunk of the game all over again to get back to where I was and seeing as I'll be playing just before I confront my first pillar, I was wondering if it would be possible to spare them and just focus on the other civilians and still be able to turn the district's status to hostile, make it easier on me to get the weapons trophies and also be able to see the consequences of killing off certain civilians because I am enjoying the game despite its numerous problems and be able to get London' burning.

• 2 weeks later...

You are better off to complete the game while sparing everyone (I'd recommend checking the guide for advice on what to do when faced with mandatory choices) and backup your save prior to fighting the final boss. After finishing the game, reload the save you made and then go around killing named citizens in order to get weapons or their keys, etc. DO NOT rest in a Hideout until you have obtained everything you need in a district, since resting / upgrading will turn the district hostile and kill any remaining citizens, including those who you have not yet killed yourself.

If you are doing things your own way then under no circumstances should you rest / upgrade once you start killing people until you have everything you need in a district where you've killed enough people to turn it hostile.