Trophies not popping?

Had the same issue, no night one trophy, tried reloading save (de-synced ps5) and restarting game, no luck.

Found a Reddit post, at least three other players also had this issue (ps5), either night one and/or all of the night trophies did not pop for them.

- Sent contact to Devs - https://tinybuildgames.zendesk.com/ awaiting any reply.

Edited by WangKeRui
Extra info

I have had success in getting 'Shovel Night' to pop. Only I don't know what was the fix of the things I did.

Devs did reply, very quickly, however had no solutions beyond the standard wheeled out line of - reinstall game, delete cloud save, rebuild database - i.e. they had no idea, not sure if they were even aware it has been an issue for some.

I did the following, at least one of these worked -

a/ Reinstalled game,

b/ I had already de-synced the cloud save for the game, this is how I was redoing it to see if it would work on another attempt (loading save, playing game, re-downloading save (over ride console save), repeat). Anyway deleted console save, left cloud unlinked (un-synced).

c/ Rebuilt database, cleared system cache.

d/ Started new game.

e/ Allowed all cut-scenes to play fully, played game in one session until start of day two. (I previously closed the game in the basement, and when continuing the game it started me near the museum).

f/ After cut scene for end of night one, trophy was received.

My feeling is that something about the cut scene (plus save, continue point) may have had something to do with it, however can confirm.

Maybe this can help?

Edited by WangKeRui
sentence error

• 2 weeks later...

Late to get back about this.

I did get the platinum, this did require basically playing in one session (I say basically as when it missed the next trophy I just played to the end (hoping it would work on the next one, which it did), and then played up to the point for the missing trophy).

The issue is either saving mid game, and returning after closing the game, or skipping cut scenes (I did this by accident the first time) together with closing the game. I tried playing into a chapter until it saves before closing, to get off the 'start point', however, this did not seem to help, the trophy for that chapter failed and required a redo.

The devs seem aware there is an issue, but no to the cause, and more so because it is clearly not happening to everyone, I wonder if it happens less often for trophy hunters, as opposed casual players, as all guides suggest playing in one session, and so not closing the game (I guess it depends how many do it in one go). Devs were good communication wise, just not able to offer in solutions.

• Like 1