Corrupted System

15 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Warning to all, do not launch this game! I just launched it to test if the crashing issue had been fixed only to crash and result in my entire system before corrupted and me having to format the hard drive

Can you share some of your system history for your console to help narrow down if this is a symptom of an older, failing hard drive or an actual problem that will affect everyone who installs and launches this game.

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Can you share some of your system history for your console to help narrow down if this is a symptom of an older, failing hard drive or an actual problem that will affect everyone who installs and launches this game.

This is the first time ive had this happen to me and seemingly no other problems before this. I may have just gotten unlucky but im not sure. After the game does its expected crash it gave me the safety restore option only to get to 50% then freeze and everything becoming corrupted

9 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

This is the first time ive had this happen to me and seemingly no other problems before this. I may have just gotten unlucky but im not sure. After the game does its expected crash it gave me the safety restore option only to get to 50% then freeze and everything becoming corrupted

How old is your PS3 and is it still using the original hard drive?

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

How old is your PS3 and is it still using the original hard drive?

I only bought it like 5 months ago second hand so I can only assume its probably the same hard drive but its a super slim so like probably 10 years

26 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

I only bought it like 5 months ago second hand so I can only assume its probably the same hard drive but its a super slim so like probably 10 years

Then its more likely just the hard drive exhibiting its problems than the game causing your problems. 

Put in an inexpensive SSD and you probably won’t have any more issues.