Be aware: super alive (EU)

Worth to note that, unlike what most of posts on psnp state, the EU servers are super alive. Each match has 100 real players, in each game mode, and most players are level 200+ (so no SBMM either), all that with cross-play disabled.

Just a warning in case you want to jump into the game, as you won't find any bot, the casual mode is not much different since there are still some real players who can annihliate you there too (does not even feel like there are bots there). Also you can not change server.

It calms down between 2am-5amg gmt0 where you get several bots, that's when i managed to get a solo win.

Edited by VirtualNight

Posted (edited)

After playing for a few days, I realized that there are bots, although far from a full bots lobby. However, maybe due to some updates, the bots are not as a free kill as they are supposed to be. The bots move very wisely between covers when roaming, i find it very tough to find out where they shoot from, shooting does not seem to lure them unless the shot lands close to them, the only scenario they are an easy kill is if you spot them, then they go to a repair and expose themselves when trying to aim. However, pros (and there are many) will kill almost all the bots before you can try to get a kill. Also, a clear difference between a human and a bot is that, if a human shoots you, you pretty much instant-die without any frame left to react.

1 man squad in FPP seems the least popular between players (you play against 4 men squad or other solos but you are alone so you don't have to worry about team mates stealing your kills, along with the matchmaking being altered a bit to have such solo players join in, creating more bots... i guess) so you can get a bit more bots and kills opportunities.

Edited by VirtualNight

Unfortunately there's seriously many lifers in game now. Sometimes you can't even play casually when somebody who has everything maxed out just snipes you out with a headshot when you're running. Also it's worth noting that in EU servers you're playing with the same pro players almost every match. Getting a platinum now just got way harder.

34 minutes ago, adrifected248 said:

Unfortunately there's seriously many lifers in game now.

34 minutes ago, adrifected248 said:

the same pro players almost every match. 

On 3/14/2024 at 5:31 PM, VirtualNight said:

However, pros (and there are many) will kill almost all the bots before you can try to get a kill.

I don't understand this idea of suggesting many (or all) opposition found in this game are 'lifing' or 'pro' players just because they're not on-par with the freebie bots. Your average player in these lobbies are far from 'pro', like... I'm so laughably far from pro xD and I don't have too much trouble getting reasonable amount of wins, don't expect it every match but why would I?

Don't get me wrong, of course most players that are left behind at this stage will have some experience, maybe even a good chunk of total clocked hours and newer players are fewer and far between but very few of those active (especially with cross-play disabled) are actually really that good at all, they're just not newcomers to a game that's been out years and years.

I'm not accusing either of you of this, but people sometimes have this weird egoist expectation to just walk into any multiplayer game for the first time and be the top player every single match and that's just not plausible if you have zero experience with the game unless you're truly exceptional/'gifted' or have a solid amount of prior experience in the genre etc. (or it's a brand new release no one has experience with lol).

I also don't generally like the idea of labelling people no-lifers and such for just being fairly decent at the game (or at least just performed better in the matches you encountered them in, we all have those good days). You'll probably be surprised how many of these players likely only casually play games generally and happen to just still enjoy revisiting this one a bunch when they do play.

I still remember being accused of being a no-lifer by a trash talking sore loser in Rocket League and I decided for the giggles I would look up their stats and they had like 10x the hours in the game as me... It just always comes across as a shield to protect the ego and needlessly shames those other players who are probably just totally ordinary people having some fun playing their games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I don't understand this idea of suggesting many (or all) opposition found in this game are 'lifing' or 'pro' players just because they're not on-par with the freebie bots. Your average player in these lobbies are far from 'pro', like... I'm so laughably far from pro xD and I don't have too much trouble getting reasonable amount of wins, don't expect it every match but why would I?

Don't get me wrong, of course most players that are left behind at this stage will have some experience, maybe even a good chunk of total clocked hours and newer players are fewer and far between but very few of those active (especially with cross-play disabled) are actually really that good at all, they're just not newcomers to a game that's been out years and years.

I'm not accusing either of you of this, but people sometimes have this weird egoist expectation to just walk into any multiplayer game for the first time and be the top player every single match and that's just not plausible if you have zero experience with the game unless you're truly exceptional/'gifted' or have a solid amount of prior experience in the genre etc. (or it's a brand new release no one has experience with lol).

I also don't generally like the idea of labelling people no-lifers and such for just being fairly decent at the game (or at least just performed better in the matches you encountered them in, we all have those good days). You'll probably be surprised how many of these players likely only casually play games generally and happen to just still enjoy revisiting this one a bunch when they do play.

I still remember being accused of being a no-lifer by a trash talking sore loser in Rocket League and I decided for the giggles I would look up their stats and they had like 10x the hours in the game as me... It just always comes across as a shield to protect the ego and needlessly shames those other players who are probably just totally ordinary people having some fun playing their games.

As i have played plenty of MP games, I can definitely say that this one is way above the average player level. Without SBMM, it only gets worse.

Horrible graphic makes it difficult to spot any enemy and shot sounds do not really help much, unless you have to be equipped with some insane setup used by streamers to actually see anything.

Not even bots are so simple if you don't spot them first, and that can be tough too. I can run with a vehicle along the entire path the aircraft followed, and spot nobody at all despite almost everyone is still alive.

Progress can be eventually made, but they are quite slow. Any real average player or below shall consider to temporarely change their sleeping schedule if they can, to get as many bots as possible, that is what I currently do to get 3-6 kills a match rather than 1-2.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

Any real average player or below shall consider to temporarely change their sleeping schedule if they can, to get as many bots as possible, that is what I currently do to get 3-6 kills a match rather than 1-2.

Switching my sleep schedule - I'm getting flashbacks from boosting Battefield: Bad Company...

1 hour ago, adrifected248 said:

Switching my sleep schedule - I'm getting flashbacks from boosting Battefield: Bad Company...

Yeah same, although BC was something I had to do at around 11am (at least I was jobless back then), while PUBG works the best from around 2am.