Update - Faster popularity

On 3/18/2024 at 3:33 PM, Nameless600 said:

I know it has been said in a few other threads but just for anyone that is specifically looking like I had been for a while. An update came in February.

It cuts the grind down from around 100 hours to ~30 hours (Note - this does not include the actual gameplay/leveling up your gas station, total time is around 50 hours, this is JUST for the end game grind).

Basically the update/free DLC adds the following which increases popularity.

• Workers can now gain popularity. Seems to be at a rate of ~50% of the time.
  • Less buggy checkout mini-game.
  • Mobile Tablet for easier ordering/management.
  • Less dust footprints/trash (especially for the bathroom).

• Ice Cream Stand - A new stand that customers can come to, it does have a new "product" in its own section you need to buy. You can also upgrade it to make things faster/more money.
  • Note - Minigame is pretty trash, just have someone handle it and focus on gas/checkout/maintenance.

• Car Wash - Basically power-wash sim lite. Upgraded to full you can set it on auto. You WILL gain popularity on auto (~30K to upgrade to max).
  • Note - The car wash will break on first use. You will need to do the story mission in the sewers to unlock. This is also where you maintain the car wash going forward.
  • Note - Ocassionally, people will stop coming to the car wash. If you notice no one has come in about 5 minutes. You need to save the game, completely close out, and start back up. People should begin appearing in 2-3 minutes after.

• Party Space (Free DLC) - Every 45 minutes a group of 3-10 people will come and party. Before they come, you are to load 2-5 "Buckets" with items from the shop.
  • Once maxed upgrade (~20K in cash to upgrade to max) you will receive ~250-300 popularity per run. If you do nothing, and still have the party, you will still get ~50 popularity.
  • Note - about half the time the party will glitch and will not end. It is only supposed to last around 15 minutes. If it goes over 30ish minutes; save the game, completely close out, and start back up. The party will end in 3-5 minutes after, and you will still get the popularity.
  • Note - There have been reports online of the bus getting stuck. If the sign says "Party starting soon" for more than about 2 minutes, check the road and see if the bus got stuck. If there is no bus after about 5 minutes, click the button/flip the switch on the sign outside the station. This will reset everything (Be aware, you will lose small amount of popularity for this).

On the other hand, they did update a few small things that make life a little more difficult.

• The infinite money glitch has been patched, you cannot sell a stand over and over again.
  • People seem to use the restroom significantly less often, so don't bank on that for popularity.
  • The broom is SIGNIFICANTLY less powerful, you can no longer manipulate the s*** out of cars.
  • Game is still a glitchy mess, you will frequently be quitting and coming back in to fix stuff.

Hope this helps anyone who has been waiting to get the platinum. I went from 8-9 in about 5 hours and at 20ish% after 2 hours from 9-10.

Great little guide! Any tips now for the broom making cars fly? I've started a fresh account and failed to pop that pre patch.

23 hours ago, HateByDesign716 said:

Great little guide! Any tips now for the broom making cars fly? I've started a fresh account and failed to pop that pre patch.

So I JUST unlocked it. There is a ferris wheel interactable decoration you can get, and simply ride it up to the top and it pops. Any chance anyone knows how to pay the loan early with the changes?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HateByDesign716 said:

All I found with the loan was, gain 10k before the call as I wasn't aware of thr initial glitch 🤦🏻‍♂️

So actually got it last night. When you first get the option to buy shelves, go into your inventory, hit square for "more", and then hold R2 and hold square to sell. You will keep getting audio indications, the money won't go up until you let go but will jump by how many times it triggered while holding both of those buttons

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:50 AM, ChaseWooly said:

So actually got it last night. When you first get the option to buy shelves, go into your inventory, hit square for "more", and then hold R2 and hold square to sell. You will keep getting audio indications, the money won't go up until you let go but will jump by how many times it triggered while holding both of those buttons

I updated the mini-guide, it didn't work for me for some reason, but I may have just failed at it. I already had all the money I needed and was at the late game grind when i came back, so I tried it once and called it a day.

On 3/24/2024 at 8:16 AM, ChaseWooly said:

So I JUST unlocked it. There is a ferris wheel interactable decoration you can get, and simply ride it up to the top and it pops. Any chance anyone knows how to pay the loan early with the changes?

Does this also apply for the flying cars?

I got this game in the beginning of March, so that explains why the popularity seems okay, figured I was just at 5 so the grind wasn't there yet. I am just taking my time with it.

They did indeed patch up the old money glitch, but there was a new one. This from the same  videoguide on the PSN guide, but in the comment sections. Worked for me (After a few tries, it was a little confusing to me) but the comments on that video basically helps. Note it seems to be more PS I don't know about the others. Who updates the guides anyways? That one should probably be updated

By: XPMUWHAHA

Still works for PlayStation. You can use anything in your backpack. Just select the item you want. Press square. Then hold down R2 for as long as you want and then sell the item.

Edit: I really should read the comments more throughly, Chase already beat me to it.

Edited by Prince-Varuni