What's the best way to use Data Scan Upgrades?

I finished going through the story and am at the point where I would go through the cleanup. I picked up all of the data scan upgrades and was wondering if I am missing something or do I really need to constantly be scanning? Most games have the markers appear on the map for you, so wanted to double-check before I get into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sepheroithisgod , I looked into your profile and saw you already platinum it. I'd done most of Lego games and this one gimme me too much grinding as there isn't any marker indicate what I'm missing. Any tips for me to speed up the proceed ? Presently doing the cleaning up and for me is around 56%.

Hope you see this before I 100% it

2 hours ago, leojaimiphak said:

Hi Sepheroithisgod , I looked into your profile and saw you already platinum it. I'd done most of Lego games and this one gimme me too much grinding as there isn't any marker indicate what I'm missing. Any tips for me to speed up the proceed ? Presently doing the cleaning up and for me is around 56%.

I ended up just following the videos in the trophy guide. Without the markers, I found it too annoying to search for.

On 4/11/2024 at 7:25 PM, leojaimiphak said:

I just completed the game tonight myself. I tried to do as much as I could without a guide. In the end, I looked up about 5 of the character tokens. It was a huge pain, and I wish I had used a guide earlier.

The scanner is just not that reliable for 100%. For one, it shows where things are, but not how to get to them. Lots of collectibles require you to start climbing on the other side of the district, and there's no way to know that from ground level when they use things like long chicken glides or jetpack paths. And then there are collectibles that require interaction with multiple items on the map before they appear (ex. building 5 gumball machines). Some things also respawn, like those detective path things, meaning you end up seeing them on the scanner over and over.

None of that is to mention how slow it is to open and close the scanner, or weird quirks like how the view distance in the center of the screen is shorter than on the edges. It was not worth the grind, IMO.

I forgot to add one more tip: If you do wish to use the scanner, I recommend finishing every level in the district first. It took me way too long to realize that the count on the world map includes story levels in that district. I wasted a bunch of time looking for items that were actually in levels.

Edited by jkdeadite
correction