Pre Dragon Engine Minigames

TheSlyGCooper

Hey guys, I'm slowly making my way through the Yakuza games and I've completed 1-5 so far (OG 1 and 2 - playing in release order). My question is, are the physics for the pre Dragon Engine games (3-5, 0, K1) similar enough? I plan on going for all the Platinum trophies eventually (Just completing main story + substories for now) and I figured if the physics are similar, I could focus on one minigame at a time (like pool for instance) and knock it out in all 5 games before moving onto the next minigame. Thoughts?

I did a quick search and those games use two different engines: one for 3 and 4; another for 0, K1, and 5. Personally I'd get really burnt out if I did one minigame in 4-5 different games back to back over and over again.

But otherwise the minigames do handle differently. Pool in 3 is fairly difficult to learn because of some sensitivity issues. The same thing happens in 4, but you can skip the hardest difficulty if you only care about the platinum. The only other minigame I remember giving me trouble is batting, but the requirements are fairly different in each game and I don't remember feeling like skills gained from practice transferred between them (though this is probably just declining reflexes due to older age). Maybe bowling is an issue too, and I remember that one feeling different between games.

I think that's fine. As I'm sure you've noticed, 0 and Kiwami 1 are on one engine, 3 and 4 are on another, and then 5 uses an early version of the 0/K1 engine. Generally speaking, the minigames differ across the engines, but there are enough similarities that you can definitely transfer lessons learned across engines and then games pretty comfortably. Doing pool in both 3 and then 5 will be the real test in my opinion so you may want to focus that down first. Good luck!