Glitched Pickup - End of Diving Area

So if these games haven't been glitched, buggy, broken, tedious & annoying enough as they are for us so far, I came across this brutal realization towards the end of Level 6 (Diving Area). As you can see in the image below, I'm unable to get the pickup due to the fact that the enemy died on top of this ramp, preventing me from obtaining it. 

https://imgur.com/a/jqhwcS9

Unfortunately I made the mistake of not making separate save files, instead overriding a lone file, so I'm unable to load a previous save point to make sure that the enemy dies on the ground instead. Would anyone happen to know of a workaround similar to the one @Mixsteri found for an extra pickup in the Cistern for TR1 after Level 6 in TR2? If not I'll just start a new game, but figured I'd ask before doing so. 

Thanks, 

tayrool (tsumlakers88)

You can still get items when this happens.

Make sure that Walk to Action is deselected and aim Lara's jump to land where the item is and repeatedly press the action button as she's jumping and she'll pick it up when she lands.

There's no additional items as far as I'm aware in Tomb Raider II 😔.

Edited by Laraman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Laraman said:

Make sure that Walk to Action is deselected and aim Lara's jump to land where the item is and repeatedly press the action button as she's jumping and she'll pick it up when she lands.

@Laraman thank you so much you're a lifesaver! I'll be sure to use this again if any of this silly shenanigans happens after this. 😅

This is just the way it was designed, its best to time killing the enemies when they are not on the ramp which saves you from doing the exploit that @Laramansaid, getting into the habit of making separate saves is also best I think, it will help in the long run.  Thankfully there isn't a trophy like with the first game in saving only an X number of times. 

The only thing I am finding hard to fathom is that Lara seems to be weaker in this remaster, I have played TR2 particularly since 1997 on both the original PS1 [ which I sold years ago ] and the Mac version, but I never used so many medi packs as I am doing with this remaster, did they change her health or make the enemies coded stronger or something because I don't remember Lara going into the red as much.

On 3/24/2024 at 4:35 AM, Laraman said:

Gold answer, saved my ass in the Opera House at the roof …

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 3:35 AM, Laraman said:

Just wanted to thank you for this, i had a save from the beggining of the level, but really didnt want to redo the Diving Area with all collectibles again, this saved my ass.