One time areas and the Chest/Item count.

hyousai

I really hate how areas disappear from the map list once you can no longer access them, rendering the chest/item count unviewable. I'm pretty sure I was diligent about checking the treasures before leaving any one-time areas, but the anxiety and paranoia still gets to me. 

"Did I open all the chests? Did I accidentally reload a save and bypass one by mistake?"

Just a minor gripe, but one that irritated me nonetheless.

This annoyed the hell out of me as well, because you can't really keep full track of it even though the feature is there. I made sure to check before leaving each area, but that doesn't help when you want to count up your totals and compare it to the guide you're following. Since you'll just be missing tons of it off the map even though you got them. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

Wait a minute, you actually need to open all chests?

Yup. All hidden items too.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

This annoyed the hell out of me as well, because you can't really keep full track of it even though the feature is there. I made sure to check before leaving each area, but that doesn't help when you want to count up your totals and compare it to the guide you're following. Since you'll just be missing tons of it off the map even though you got them. 

Exactly. I'm using the Walkthrough on this site, and every time it says you should have X chests in these areas I just shrug because it's not like I can check them now! That ship has sailed.

12 minutes ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

Just checked and there is only 1 trophy for finding all treasure chests at a location, usually 2-3 at most.

What do you mean? There are three chest-based trophies (10%, 50%, and 100%) and one for all hidden items. 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/21824-final-fantasy-vi/35-legendary-treasure-hunter

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/21824-final-fantasy-vi/36-item-detector

12 hours ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

Oh shit, I'm in the wrong game forum sorry guys, my bad.

Ah, I wondered if that was the case. No worries. 

What game forum did you think you were in, if I may ask?