Are the DLCs account bound?

shipper321

With this being a Codemasters game (and seeing as Dirt 5 and Dirt Rally 2 DLCs are account bound), I'm unsure whether I should buy the DLC on a different account and run the risk of not being able to share it. Has anyone shared the DLCs to their main account from another one?

On 3/25/2024 at 1:46 AM, shipper321 said:

With this being a Codemasters game (and seeing as Dirt 5 and Dirt Rally 2 DLCs are account bound), I'm unsure whether I should buy the DLC on a different account and run the risk of not being able to share it. Has anyone shared the DLCs to their main account from another one?

sorry for late reply. no you can use them on any account you want !

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to buying the DLC the other day, and yes, it does share between accounts like @Kalmaneos said. I don't plan on starting this game just yet so I shared TR DLC with a UK PS+ licence on an Indian account. Worked just fine.

So out of all the Codies games (so far), it's just Dirt 5 and Dirt Rally 2 that have account bound DLCs.

When I went through this discussion with CM about Dirt 5, they claimed that it was a PS5 thing that bound the DLC to the account that bought it. So can you guys confirm which console you are using?

9 minutes ago, barra333 said:

When I went through this discussion with CM about Dirt 5, they claimed that it was a PS5 thing that bound the DLC to the account that bought it. So can you guys confirm which console you are using?

PS5, PS5 version. Seeing as Division 2's Warlords of New York and Dirt Rally 2's DLCs are PS4 games and are account bound, it has nothing to do with the way PS5 licences are handled.

7 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

PS5, PS5 version. Seeing as Division 2's Warlords of New York and Dirt Rally 2's DLCs are PS4 games and are account bound, it has nothing to do with the way PS5 licences are handled.

Thanks. Just confirms that they were lying through their teeth when they blamed Sony/PS5 systems rather than accepting that they account locked Dirt 5 DLC