Teetotaller Trophy

I just wanted to share my experience for more data on this trophy. I finished the game with Edward on 1.3 and collected everything and healed on normal.

I updated the game to 1.5 and started as Emily on easy. I got hit once or twice throughout and died maybe about 6 times throughout, and reloaded the auto save. I did collect healing tonics, and NEVER touched the Up on the D-Pad. I did notice every time i died, it gave the tool tip to use healing. On this run, i also got all collectibles and unlocked the trophy for Doors, Notes, Conversations. I ended the game with giving the gift to the little girl and I unlocked the no healing trophy 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 4:31 AM, aimeraya said:

Update:

I got Teetoaller trophy by deleting all my savedatas and start from scratch.

I did this on my 3rd attempt.   Got the Lagniappes to do the "Submit to the Dark Man" ending.

It worked. :D 

If I had to guess, I think theres a issue with data being left in save games, but what do I know

4 hours ago, Geron59 said:

I did this on my 3rd attempt.   Got the Lagniappes to do the "Submit to the Dark Man" ending.

It worked. :D 

If I had to guess, I think theres a issue with data being left in save games, but what do I know

So you loaded a save instead of continuing from auto save? I think that’s the common resolution from what I’m reading 

Noticed at some point during the cemetery that my flask count was 4 and not 5, so although I've never healed I'm pretty sure I screwed myself out of the trophy. On my first run anyway, so I'll try again on my speedrun attempt. 

Beat the game today, and yup no trophy. I figure I must have accidentally triggered one either during a cutscene, puzzle, or just from loading a save. At one point I noticed my flask total wasn't maxed out and I absolutely never healed on my first playthru.  Going to try to get the other trophies now and hope the devs manage to fix this shit. I'll save this one for last and hopefully by then I can just speedrun thru the whole thing without thinking in one sitting. 

Hey all,

I can confirm that starting a new game with Edward after deleting all my manual saves, popped the 'Teetotaller' trophy (got it last night). If you've collected all the Lapniappes from a previous run, those will still carry over even with the manual saves deleted. So, if you need to knock out 'I Don't Got All Night' trophy as well, you can give Grace the gift in Chapter 5 so you can skip the boss battle.

• Like 1

The technique to delete the saved data on my console completely and do a new game from scratch seemed to help me get the trophy this time around, that's a relief. I now have the platinum and am glad to be done with the game for good.

I can confirm on the current patch that going into the options menu and selecting Delete all save data, and then speedrunning the game with Edward, getting the bad ending worked for me. I intentionally took a hit from the very first enemy of the game so if I ever saw my health go to full I knew something went wrong. I also never loaded an auto save, and only used the load save menu in the game on the few sections I needed to replay because I took too many hits. 

Teetotaller Trophy

Note = Unpatched version is a bit more difficult, example the Cemetary underground, where you gotta run from the mobs to the 3rd medallion,
they are on steroids! unlike the patched version. The Ship also have 4 ghouls in the lower deck at the door, patched version only has 2! 

The dark man can kill you on 1st floor hall, dont go near, at patched version, he can't kill you.

= I can say you can manual save anywhere, you still get the trophy :) NEVER load an autosave or touch the switch PAD!

= You can pick up heals no problem and max it at 5. That way more ammo will appear.

Had to do a lot of trail and error on many forums, I can say this is the only way it worked for me for this current patch.

<><>

1. Started game UNPATCHED with Emily.
2. No touching switch pad (Absolutely no heal or switch weapons, totally avoided this part of controller)
3. What I did was I did not pick up shotgun, tommy gun, avoided them at all cost. It's ok to pick ammo, just stay away from the guns.
4. No opening safe at clerks office chapter 1-3 (IMPORTANT)
5. Made a Manual save after Emily got the Truth Key (VERY IMPT) DO NOT USE THE TRUTH KEY on the unpatched version and save afterwards, your manual save should only be at where the truth key was received.
6. Patched the game on chapter 4 after Emily got the truth Key because you will not be able to proceed at that point 
since all the doors are locked in the stairwell at the unpatched version making you unable to go to Dr. Gray Apartment.
7. Loaded the manual save, then made another save at another slot so we have an untouched manual save from the unpatched version as reserve in case of some mistakes. We continue then on the new save.
8. Went to Dr. Gray Apartment
9. Went to Greenland desert
10. DO NOT PICK UP FLARE GUN OR THE AMMO for this, was able to get through desert without the flare guide.
11. Manual save before beating Jacob, then beat Jacob without losing HP because you'll need all the HP for the GOAT.
12. Beat Goat using only Melee/throw on Mobs to save ammo on handgun and shoot on Goat weak parts. (Be Smart here)

That's it! You'll get the trophy for sure as it worked for me :)

Edited by Mystelane
Added more details