Teetotaller Trophy

How can this trophy be obtained?

Any ways to fix this?

I‘ve done about 4 Playthroughs (2 with each character) without healing but this trophy still doesn’t show up.

How do 71 people have this trophy?

This is really frustrating since this is the last trophy I need for the plat.

I tried all the options that were recommended here:

I went through Emily's scenario without ever pressing the d-pad, without changing or picking up any weapons, even in puzzles I only used sticks + I never loaded autosaves.
Teetotaller did not drop out.

Before this, I completed the scenario as Edward, but using autosaves. The trophy didn't drop either.

Edited by silentkalupator

By playing unpatched. Then reinstalling patch end of ch4 right before you fight 2nd form of the boss. 

Reason for re patching is you cant continue after killing last boss. Its a massive crash on loading of ch5

Thats what i did.

Edited by DividedByMankind

5 hours ago, Dani_TG2007 said:

How can this trophy be obtained?

Any ways to fix this?

I‘ve done about 4 Playthroughs (2 with each character) without healing but this trophy still doesn’t show up.

How do 71 people have this trophy?

This is really frustrating since this is the last trophy I need for the plat.

I found it’s too easy to accidentally press up when weapon switching. 
I used several manual saves to do it & if the bottle count went down I just reloaded a previous save. 

Either do Divided's method, or just do one playthrough - Don't use Clerk's safe first time (gives you a drink - idk if picking up drinks void the trophy but i avoided it to be careful). I also finished it in one run without reloading a manual or autosave.

Do this or do it on unpatched version

Edited by RevNexus

I made it on patched version during Emily speed run attempt to unlock less 3 hours trophy ( did it with one single playthrough w/o stop). Tried to not pick up any bottle, but accidentally picked up one and this not affected the trophy. Also skipped all cutscenes and took Grace present ending and it popped up.

13 minutes ago, brodaty_rumcajs said:

I made it on patched version during Emily speed run attempt to unlock less 3 hours trophy ( did it with one single playthrough w/o stop). Tried to not pick up any bottle, but accidentally picked up one and this not affected the trophy. Also skipped all cutscenes and took Grace present ending and it popped up.

hell ya! that one was a little buggy forsure

2 hours ago, silentkalupator said:

brodaty_rumcajs, RevNexus, I understand correctly that you did not use save\loading during the playthrough?

I saved after each segment, but not loaded- there was no need as my intention was to get best time possible. After Jacob fight I still had like 9/10 of my health. I also took Grace ending to avoid final fight (which TBH is too much unpredictable).

7 hours ago, RevNexus said:

Either do Divided's method, or just do one playthrough - Don't use Clerk's safe first time (gives you a drink - idk if picking up drinks void the trophy but i avoided it to be careful). I also finished it in one run without reloading a manual or autosave.

Do this or do it on unpatched version

Allso one more thing i forgot to mention is that picking up drink is fine, because iam 100% positive i picked up until my inventory was full for drinks even tho i tried to highly avoid them 👍 But i never used dpad that playthrough 👍

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

👍 But i never used dpad that playthrough 👍

This doesn't help, I completed the game without touching the d-pad, the trophy didn't fall out.

Perhaps the reason is different and I shouldn’t use saves.

Edited by silentkalupator

This finally unlocked for me when going for the doors trophy. I was using the method of playing Emily's campaign unpatched until you get the truth key. When I went to update the game, the new patch had already dropped. I just completed the run from there on and got the trophy.

It only took me like six playthroughs. Not once did I heal in this game since I started playing it 🤣

14 hours ago, FireWalkLikeMe said:

This finally unlocked for me when going for the doors trophy. I was using the method of playing Emily's campaign unpatched until you get the truth key. When I went to update the game, the new patch had already dropped. I just completed the run from there on and got the trophy.

It only took me like six playthroughs. Not once did I heal in this game since I started playing it 🤣

How did you not take damage anywhere while you played it? I don't believe it

I did mine on an Emily speedrun (ending with giving Grace a present). I tried to never even touch :down: because I noticed I got the pointing your gun at another human trophy partially in a dialogue conversation. The game had already registered I was holding :l2: So I wouldn't even use it to check floors on the map. 

I put my Difficulty on Easy, & played the whole game on a sliver of health (yes, there were a few restarts because of it). My game was patched, I was picking up drink bottles, & was using the manual slots to save/load.

2 hours ago, HorrorMommyJess said:

Ya same here I’ve got every trophy except this one I’ve completed the game on Emily 3 times and edwards 3 times can’t  get the no healing trophy. Ive started fresh runs on both charcters and nothing at the end idk what else to do

Happend to me 3 times to. Noticed when running from the basement to the attic I had 5 flasks. When I could move on the boat I randomly had 4 flasks.

I'm guessing it's using the d pad to do puzzle its inputting up on the d pad late and its making u heal without noticing 

Edited by DezzaNufc-

5 hours ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

How did you not take damage anywhere while you played it? I don't believe it

Never said I didn't take damage, I said I didn't heal. But I essentially did no-damage runs because whenever an enemy hit me, I would just reload a save. 

19 hours ago, DezzaNufc- said:

Another playthrough 0 trophy 😭 

Hey I finally just  got the trophy after 7 playthroughs ! so what I did was never touch up on the d pad not even for puzzles cause I think the game was registering that as a heal just be very careful and use the left and right sticks for puzzles! I also didn’t pick up not one heal flask so I made sure I had 1 flask from beginning to end good luck !

What a buggy trophy!

I just did an Emily speedrun. From the beginning to the end, never used d-pad up even doing puzzles.

I let the enemies attack me to 1/2 HP to check later if i drink the potion accidentally.

This speedrun i never load neither autosave or manual save.

I chose the Grace ending but this trophy just didn't pop for me.

Update:

I got Teetoaller trophy by deleting all my savedatas and start from scratch.

Edited by aimeraya

2 hours ago, aimeraya said:

What a buggy trophy!

I just did an Emily speedrun. From the beginning to the end, never used d-pad up even doing puzzles.

I let the enemies attack me to 1/2 HP to check later if i drink the potion accidentally.

This speedrun i never load neither autosave or manual save.

I chose the Grace ending but this trophy just didn't pop for me.

Update:

I got Teetoaller trophy by deleting all my savedatas and start from scratch.

Is it enough to delete saves from the game itself or do they need to be deleted in the console settings?
Deleting from the console will remove all collectibles and make it impossible to obtain secret endings until you collect them again.

14 minutes ago, silentkalupator said:

Is it enough to delete saves from the game itself or do they need to be deleted in the console settings?
Deleting from the console will remove all collectibles and make it impossible to obtain secret endings until you collect them again.

Yes, delete all the savedatas in console setting. As i did before, i was at 1/2 HP from the middle of Chapter 2 until the final boss. Pistol+Shotgun+Thompson are powerful enough. If you're famaliar with the walkthrough of Emily, this game is insanely easy. I loaded a few times from the autosaves (face to Jacob) and did manual saves twice to make sure i didn't mess something up.

Besides this time i still didn't use any D-Pad's Up. And if i grabbed one flask accidentally, i loaded the autosaves, too.

Edited by aimeraya