Do not quit the game when in the death screen in end game!

Just a warning so people don’t repeat what I did. I was on day 5 on endgame and I died from a harpy that messed up my jump and so I died from falling off a cliff. I thought what if I just quit the game and start and load what would happen. It completely messed with my autosave and I have to start from day 1 of endgame. So yeah, lost like 6 hours progress from this. I was fucking shocked and angered from this robbery.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

That was no problem with the Quit. Doesn't matter when or how you die in the Endgame, it starts always from Day 1. So be sure to always carry some Resurrection Stones.
Shouldn't be a problem i found plenty of them during my normal playthrough and espacially in the Endgame there are a lot of stones in chests around the "water" sections of the game.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Durandart said:

That was no problem with the Quit. Doesn't matter when or how you die in the Endgame, it starts always from Day 1. So be sure to always carry some Resurrection Stones.
Shouldn't be a problem i found plenty of them during my normal playthrough and espacially in the Endgame there are a lot of stones in chests around the "water" sections of the game.

Incorrect, as I did a session the night before and loaded my save on day 3 before this happened.

19 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

Incorrect, as I did a session the night before and loaded my save on day 3 before this happened.

it is not incorrect. If you die and don't use a wakestone, it resets to Day 1.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

Well I loaded on day 3 when I died the first time so it is incorrect for me.

loading a save is not the same as just continuing after dying 🙄 you just weren't quick enough and the game overwrote your save game. It resetting to Day 1 is normal.

Edited by Sicho

In post game, when you die, you start on the day at last Inn/house you last rested at. Saving and continue and camping does save, It just saves for if you turn the game off and return later.  When you die you go back to the INN/House saves, not your last save & continue or camp save. It can be confusing at first.

Thats why you have someone starting back at day 1 and someone else starting on day 3 when they die.

So prepare for your journeys and dont take too great of risks!

Edited by Rorro_Lux