Japanese physical version

J-S_93

So, this game currently has a single Trophy stack, but still thought it would be cool to buy and own the Japanese physical version of the game - but would my EU account be screwed over by potential DLC, would I be able to play Japanese DLC on an EU account, or would EU DLC work with the Japanese physical? I'm honestly unsure about this.

I just hope it doesn't get Ghost of Tsushima style DLC as I don't want to be messing around with any online multiplayer, or Raids and what not - I've had my fair share of that stuff from Destiny and Borderlands, so don't wanna deal with that type of content.

Edit:
Just saw this Reddit post and found it intriguing that Japanese games can have different classifications for the same things, like D rating or Z rating, hmm... Interesting.

The digital version on PS Store Japan is bilingual (EN,JP), disc version "should" be the same. Make sure you don't buy the wrong version, because there are D (censored) and Z (mature) versions. Also Z (mature) version may still be slightly censored compared to US version.

Me:
The Japanese game I was looking to buy has a D rating.  I don't really know how good or how that bad that is though to be honest.  But it does have full English audio and Menus though; which is a plus.

Edited by J-S_93

In order to access the Japanese DLC, you would need to redeem the code on a Japanese account, and set it as your primary console. Then the DLC would be accessible to you on your UK account.

Regarding the game's rating, some games in Japan get two ratings: D and Z. The D rated version of the game is censored and lacks gore and has adjusted violence. The Z version of the game is uncensored and would essentially be the same as you playing the game as a copy you would have purchased in the UK. I recommend you just get the Z version from Play-Asia. This happens to a lot of games, like Resident Evil. It's because if a game gets the Z classification, you need to verify your age by purchasing it with a Japanese credit card. The D version has no restriction regarding that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

In order to access the Japanese DLC, you would need to redeem the code on a Japanese account, and set it as your primary console. Then the DLC would be accessible to you on your UK account.

Regarding the game's rating, some games in Japan get two ratings: D and Z. The D rated version of the game is censored and lacks gore and has adjusted violence. The Z version of the game is uncensored and would essentially be the same as you playing the game as a copy you would have purchased in the UK. I recommend you just get the Z version from Play-Asia. This happens to a lot of games, like Resident Evil. It's because if a game gets the Z classification, you need to verify your age by purchasing it with a Japanese credit card. The D version has no restriction regarding that.

Ah! I see, I see.  Appreciate the clarification on that.  I'll check out the Play-Asia version as I already have an account there which I use to buy US Gift Cards for my American account when there are digital sales that differ between the EU and US PS Stores.  I only ever made my main EU and a US account though as I was too lazy to create additional accounts for other regions, as it is a hassle and more headache, plus more passwords and credentials to keep track of and all that - plus, it goes into more niche territory with the other regions as purchases would be few and far between.  I honestly may just wait to see what happens with any DLC for this game as it's only just come out-- and I don't want any nasty surprises that may arise if I buy-in early.  Game's like Samurai Jack JPN for example is fine as I know there won't be any DLC to come out for it to cause me a problem.

• Like 1