Will trophy progress take me alot longer if i just focus on main objectives and getting through story?

Just started it today and i gather the game is huge, just dont want to overthink things in the game too much or try and get too many things done at once in the side quest sense… if someone can give a bit of advice as to how to efficiently work through the game without overloading myself with tasks early on that would be great.

Edited by mike_87

The game has a chapter select that makes it incredibly easy to continue with optional content. I would focus on the main story and not worry about doing everything all at once. Only thing I would keep in mind is try to have all your characters levelling up materia in any spare slots as you play to avoid neeeding to grind as much in the endgame (which in all honesty isnt too bad anyway as there are pretty good strategies in getting AP fast)

Edited by DontBlameLagPls

14 minutes ago, DontBlameLagPls said:

The game has a chapter select that makes it incredibly easy to continue with optional content. I would focus on the main story and not worry about doing everything all at once. Only thing I would keep in mind is try to have all your characters levelling up materia in any spare slots as you play to avoid neeeding to grind as much in the endgame (which in all honesty isnt too bad anyway as there are pretty good strategies in getting AP fast)

Thanks, yeah guess it just depends on personal preference, thanks for info about levelling up materia, i know i had a levelling up materia equipped earlier alongside a type of materia but then the level materia has now disappeared hmmm

8 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Just started it today and i gather the game is huge, just dont want to overthink things in the game too much or try and get too many things done at once in the side quest sense… if someone can give a bit of advice as to how to efficiently work through the game without overloading myself with tasks early on that would be great.

Let me warn you that this game has a huge amount of optional content, focusing on main story only and doing side content later might overload you too.

Try to balance things a little. Follow the story, do some side content, once you feel like you had enough go back to the story and so on, nothing is missable, everything can be done post-game.

Do note however that any unfinished side quest will be reset when you use chapter select. The game will also warn you of the point of no return in case you want to finish any quest before that.

Honestly it will be an exhausting experience either way as far as completion goes. Whether you mainline the story and then backtrack everything else or keep apace of zone completion and side content as you go. You basically need to ask yourself whether you mind backtracking after main story stuff is done or if you'd be more motivated doing side content knowing there is still more story ahead of you.

It's a great game, but it will feed on your mental energy over time.

To add to the comments above, I think a lot of the people experiencing burnout with this game are focusing on it beyond what's "fun." I started at launch, but I'm only in Chapter 9 somewhere, doing side content as I go, and I fully recommend stepping away now and again to play something else when you're feeling fatigued. Yes, there's a lot of content, but I'm finding it a lot easier to ingest when I'm ready and feeling up to it. 

• Like 2

My personal preference is to complete everything there is to complete in each region/chapter before continuing with the main quest. This helps spread all the side content out and it means you earn lots of useful equipment/materia along the way, which you can then use in the main quest. Also, a lot of side quests affect your relationship with party members. If you want to get certain to gain a certain amount of affinity with characters within the main storyline, then the side quests are useful to do. Also If I left all the side content until then end, it would mean a tedious amount to clean-up, and no story left to continue my anticipation/motivation. That's just me though. If you prefer to complete the story first, then there is no problem going back and doing everything else later.