Need advice for 1999 A.D. trophy

So I do know that Voidspawn only spawns in as a size 20 desert/arid/savannah type planets and even then there is a chance the "planet" won't hatch. So my questions are: Is there a way to find out if there a voidspawn planet somewhere in my galaxy when i start a fresh save? and am I able to save scum if it does not hatch?

This is the only leviathan that hasn't appeared for me yet and the one time the "egg" spawned, I kept trying to save scum for it to hatch but it never did.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is a way to see if the voidspawn is present in a galaxy without manually exploring every star. And I also had the same problem where I loaded a save file multiple times but kept getting the same result. The problem is (I think) once a certain event early in the event chain occurs, the outcome is decided then. If you try to save afterwards you'll get the same result. I'm not sure which event decides the outcome, so I just created a backup save before colonizing the planet.

It's been a while since I did this but iirc here's what I did: Start a new game on the lowest difficulty with 0 AI empires and only Distant Stars enabled. Build many science ships and explore every star looking for a size 20 desert/arid/savannah planet. If you find one, backup the save. After colonizing the planet, if the event chain happens but it doesn't hatch, reload the save. If the event chain never happens, move on to the next planet (or a new game, if there are no more planets)