[UPDATE] Certain trophies not unlocking (Franchise/Career)

CivicHeart

I have noticed a few trophies not tracking properly or not unlocking at all it seems. Is anyone else seeing the same issues?

UPDATE FOR Baby Boom: I ended up unlocking this one now, I was playing career mode on a new scenario where it required 5+ exhibit species. Between my habitat and exhibit species, I must have had 70+ babies in this one zoo alone which triggered the trophy. I didn't do it in one sitting either. It maybe a glitch after you start franchise mode possibly

1. Baby Boom - None of my franchise zoo babies seem to be counting towards this trophy (or it's completely stopped tracking)

2. Community - I have had 5 "gold babies" count towards this weeks challenge, but no trophy. People have unlocked it already unless we need to wait until we claim rewards??

3. Circle of Life - Completed this in Career mode in the Safari scenario. 14+ species including exhibit animals (unless they don't count?)

Edited by CivicHeart
New update

I'm having the same issue with Baby Boom. It worked fine while I was just playing career mode, but after starting a franchise, it stopped tracking entirely. Animals born in career don't count either now. So franchise mode apparently broke it.

I do have the other two trophies, and I can confirm that Circle of Life needs to be 10 habitat species. Exhibit species don't count. For the community challenge, it needs to be done in a franchise zoo. Go into the challenges tab on the top left and press R1, and you can see your contribution to the community challenge and claim rewards. Once you claim a reward, the trophy will pop. One issue is that if the game disconnects (which happens frequently), progress doesn't update properly, but if you exit to the main menu and load back in, the reward should be ready to claim if you earned it. Hope that helps at least.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stardael_DK said:

I'm having the same issue with Baby Boom. It worked fine while I was just playing career mode, but after starting a franchise, it stopped tracking entirely. Animals born in career don't count either now. So franchise mode apparently broke it.

I do have the other two trophies, and I can confirm that Circle of Life needs to be 10 habitat species. Exhibit species don't count. For the community challenge, it needs to be done in a franchise zoo. Go into the challenges tab on the top left and press R1, and you can see your contribution to the community challenge and claim rewards. Once you claim a reward, the trophy will pop. One issue is that if the game disconnects (which happens frequently), progress doesn't update properly, but if you exit to the main menu and load back in, the reward should be ready to claim if you earned it. Hope that helps at least.

OK, yeah that's what happened to my baby boom trophy as well. I started a new career scenario and it picked-up on a few new babies randomly at some point. But it's still not tracking fully. It seems franchise mode blocks it or causes major delays.

OK awesome, thanks for the tip! That worked out for me to get the community trophy done. Thank you!

Got "Baby Boom" on March 26 and i tried all modes right from release of the game. "Community challenge" i have been told by Frontier on their bug tracker are not available yet. I must have been imagening things then?

4 hours ago, bigH03 said:

Got "Baby Boom" on March 26 and i tried all modes right from release of the game. "Community challenge" i have been told by Frontier on their bug tracker are not available yet. I must have been imagening things then?

Oh ok, yeah it might be a certain percentage of people seeing the baby boom issue then. It's not tracking for me still post-update.

For "Community Challenge" I had to login to franchise and immediately go to the "challenge" tab and press "X" a few times for it to register and give out a reward.

• 2 weeks later...

@Stardael_DK @charlotte_k92

UPDATE FOR Baby Boom: I ended up unlocking this one now, I was playing career mode on a new scenario where it required 5+ exhibit species. Between my habitat and exhibit species, I must have had 70+ babies in this one zoo alone which triggered the trophy. I didn't do it in one sitting either. It maybe a glitch after you start franchise mode possibly.

Hope this helps!

My two cents...

While franchise may be causing issues in itself, I can say for certain that there is an issue with trophies outside of franchise.

I've only played career, and used sandbox by on accident (opened a save, while not paying attention), and as a blueprint zone (no animals), not looked at franchise, and the tracking is spotty at best, 'Baby Boom' seems to no longer be working (I have had well in excess of the 8 babies (tracking says 65/73) I need across the previous level and current level and I'm doing.

'Barrier Builder' seems to have stopped, but I've paid less attention, should certainly be going up considering how much time I spend placing, and replacing barriers when making habitats - unless it only counts 'complete' barriers?

Also 'Zoologist' seems to track randomly, sometime updating instantly, and other times doing nothing (on not previously completed animals).

These should all work in career, they do/have been tracking - of a sort.

Got "Zoologist" today in a single challenge zoo. Had 105 researches, habitat and exhibit animals, including all of the 25 diseases. "Barrier Builder" popped while placing a barrier, the habitat was not finished and did not even have a keeper gate. The "No-barrier" might not count, not sure. "Rebuilding" seems to have stopped counting at 12/20 eg. 60% for me. I probably have released 50 or so criticly endangered species in franchise mode and no progress.