Gene trivializes no-hit trophies.

Thanks for the handy tips @draakon50

I started this game last weekend and have really been fighting the urge to revert back to use the dev menu. Hopefully the RNG gods hear my pleas and I can get these bosses good and cheesy.

Not to be a party pooper but I don't believe you can get God of Battle in dark mirror mode as it's counted as a different boss. At least according to a couple reddit posts I saw and some steam comments. They were old though so that might have changed in some patch or another.

Also, if dark mirror does count couldn't you use the thing that takes away bones when hit? I've read that works just like mirage where it doesn't count as an actual hit for achievements and such. 

For anyone else looking for other cheese tactics in case the above doesn't work, you can use slime with quintessence cooldown and combo that with Gargoyle or Genie to also be mostly immortal. Then combo that with something like the mage necklace to do damage when slime hopping or the spirits to chip. 

I no hit the hero using a pure dash build with the legendary magic wings and pike skull. It's lets you stay almost permanently in the air, does really good damage and you mostly only have to learn how to dodge the AoE attacks. Bonus being dash items seem to be very common. I get the legend wings like every other go. 

As an extra tip, if you upload data to cloud during a run and then happen to get the Slime NPC later on, take note of what item slot is duplicated as it's always that same slot for that run. You can download your data and then control what item you want duplicated before getting to the slime.

• 3 weeks later...

i found gene to be troublesome going for this trophy because if you hit the genie lamp twice he goes out and you have to have the timing down just right.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2932727698

this outlines how you can do it with the gargoyle and slime essense and you can spam the shoulder buttons. so long as you get enough essense cooldown and skill cooldown, youre invulnerable and just let the magic necklace so all the work. i did this last night and got the trophy.

I haven’t played this game yet and it will probably be a long time before I do, but I just wanted to drop in and say how much I appreciate this thread. I hate it when people stop discussing legitimate tactics just because a platinum can be obtained easier by using dev commands.